Vettel

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
I must say I am surprised at just how bitter Sebastian Vettel is at not winning the WDC.

He didn't congratulate Mark Webber on his win yesterday and he very grudgingly congratulated Jenson Button.

This is in marked contrast to Lewis Hamilton in 2007 when he lost by just 1 point and also Felipe Massa last year who despite being inconsolable had the good grace to be one of the first to offer his congratulations.

He has recently been quoted as saying the following about where he finishes in the championship:
"We didn't win and I don't care if I'm second or third. Second is the first loser"

He's not very magnanimous in defeat, is he?

When he was interviewed after the race, I was thinking - where was his cheeky grin and his chuckles? I know he just lost the championship, but then he wasn't exactly favourite anyway, was he?! I didn't expect him to be chuckling and laughing, but I still thought he was very bitter!

I know Vettel is "still young", but, in comparison, Rubens had a lot more reasons to be cheesed off and he was the epitome of gracefulness in defeat...

Ah diddums, did Sebby lose his temper or what.. Perhaps it was because Webber didn'tslow the rest of the field down to let Vettel win. This is obviously what he thought should happen.. :nah:

seb is completely right.

he lost, whats the pleasure of that? i myself prefer a driver who shows his true emotions to a smiling driver only thinking those thoughts. being angry makes total sense to me.

and i know pretty sure seb did congratulate webber and button. but in his own time :)

He may have lost, but it's still good sportsmanship to congratulate the person who won. Stomping off in a huff just smacks of a spoilt little child.

I don't think this really smacks of a sore loser rather someone very determined to win. I sure he has/will congratulate both Button and Webber once he has calmed down bit I have some sympathy with him after what happened in qualifying, the team dropped the ball and ruined his (slim) chances from there on in.

What I would love to see is Vettel in a McLaren next year, up against Hamilton; the two brightest young talents to hit F1 for many years going head to head. Not going to happen though is it :( I wonder if Red Bull will be able to maintain their competitiveness next season given that McLaren and Ferrari seem to have made great strides in the 2nd half of 2009.

FB said:
I wonder if Red Bull will be able to maintain their competitiveness next season given that McLaren and Ferrari seem to have made great strides in the 2nd half of 2009.

I think so, they still have a formidable designer working for them after all!

Back
Top Bottom