Television Top Gear

I find it interesting that many of the same people who are clamoring for the reinstatement of Clarkson were condemning Bernie for buying his way out of legal trouble.

How do you spell hypocricy?

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

image.jpg

You beat me to it Brogan but I was going to opt for "tosspot".

He's a talentless professional tosspot who picked up ages ago that all he has to do is to utter the occasional UN-PC ready-made pub-talk babble and it immediately ends up in the papers and his profile's increased and they all fall for it every time.

persoally I wouldn't mind a proper tosspot-free car show that's actually about the cars,

Last edited:
Well said Incubus.

I too would like a motoring program which requires a modicum of intelligence to watch.

I grew out of that crap a long time ago, probably around the time I realised FHM was shit, which would be always.

I've signed a couple that have reaped results including putting pressure on US coastguard to resume the search for the Cheeky Rafiki. If it's a govt directed petition they are obliged to debate it in Parliament which has also happened.

https://www.change.org/p/keep-up-search-for-the-missing-cheekirafiki-crew-dontstopsearching

These are a great way to have a voice. And the good news is a lot of people who may not be aware of change.org will now see petitions that can alter a persons life or human security.

Last edited:
Just saying that over half a million people are petitioning the BBC to reinstate someone without actually knowing what he's done (in full, press speculation doesn't count) while another large group of people are condemning the same individual also without fully knowing what he's done.

Think of him as a hero or twat as you like that's fine.

It's somewhat ironic that I've actually spent today observing employment tribunals at work. (seriously fascinating by the way) dealing with unfair dismissal claims. Nothing is as cut and dry as you would think.

The main reason that cases end up in tribunal is because the company didn't follow the correct procedures. The BBC will have to show gross misconduct after an investigation in order to fire Clarkson. So while it's not a court of law. It is employment law.

Apparently he wasn't given food. A hungry man is the closest thing I've seen to a premenstrual woman.

I think there are sufficient mitigating circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom