Television Top Gear

The VC show was brilliant. It inspired me to read this book.
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 14.22.23.png

Which was also brilliant.

So what if JC swatted someone over a disagreement? Do you think Frank Sinatra or Winston Churchill never took a swing at someone? We all have heard the stories of people who have been charged with assault over the most minor of physical contact. Jeremy does not have a history of violence and for all we know, that producer might have had it coming to him. I wish we could turn back the clock on some of this politically correct crap and everybody thinking they are a victim. What would the people who fought the Nazis think if they saw what we think is a big deal nowadays?

So what if JC swatted someone over a disagreement? Do you think Frank Sinatra or Winston Churchill never took a swing at someone? We all have heard the stories of people who have been charged with assault over the most minor of physical contact. Jeremy does not have a history of violence and for all we know, that producer might have had it coming to him. I wish we could turn back the clock on some of this politically correct crap and everybody thinking they are a victim. What would the people who fought the Nazis think if they saw what we think is a big deal nowadays?

Are you saying that even if Sinatra or Churchill got away with belting someone, that made it right (presumably just because they were rich, famous or both)?

How do you know Jeremy's history of violence? What would you have said about Bill Cosby and his (at that time non-existent) record of sexual assault a year ago?

Try this: you go punch someone at work, and see how long you keep YOUR job. About a nanosecond, I would bet!

Why should some rich git be treated any differently than you would be treated?

Last edited:
Just noticed, that BBC 1 has "The Voice" knockout round due to play in the same timeslot as TG on Sunday. I do not watch this sort of program, but isn't the format the viewing public phone in that makes money for the BBC.

At the risk of sounding a bit distrusting (tin hat wearing), what is the bet that TG will be back on the screens the following week? :whistle:

Last edited:
I'd like him to stay and hopefully this can be resolved with an apology to the producer; these things do happen at work and don't have to result in dismissal.

It would be a shame to only have costume drama or another detective series to watch on a Sunday... and I don't want to talk to my wife ALL day long :)

That rather puts the beeb under pressure.
I would hope it has **** all bearing on any decision they make.

Otherwise I'm going to start numerous petitions to get rid of shitty costume dramas, the embarrassing dross that is Doctor Who, and of course Twat Gear.

Back
Top Bottom