Television Top Gear

Things have changed though. Their Lady Prime Minister is war mongering, she wants the Falklands back !! She's stirring things up.

She's just doing what all deeply unpopular leaders do and diverting attention away from more pressing issues by tubthumping on a popular nationalist issue. It's a bit like when you have a country with a fragile economy and you keep talking about Europe and immagration.

She's just doing what all deeply unpopular leaders do and diverting attention away from more pressing issues by tubthumping on a popular nationalist issue. It's a bit like when you have a country with a fragile economy and you keep talking about Europe and immagration.

Nigel-Farage-300x173.jpg

Watched part 2 on play back. I got the impressuon the crew left the country by convoy and the main stars left the country via other means. Almost certainly in a police car or under very tight security. Good episode though. How good was that Esprit? Colin Chapman would have been proud.

I didn't watch and haven't watched Top Gear for at least two years.

Amusing at first, now just Clarkson being an immature arse followed by two fellows who should know better!

Mephistopheles the plan was to change the number plate for the car football game that didn't happen because they had been alerted that the number plate might be "offensive." No idea where they got that from!
Edit: Which it says in the link... who'd have thunk it eh

Last edited:
It was interesting to note the front number plate fell off at some point and I'm not sure if they would've got picked up on this by the police like they would here.
It does look like the car had this registration from the earliy nineties but I am rather surprised the production team didn't pick up on any possible reference to the Falklands, though I'm glad they didn't kowtow to political correctness in this instance.

If you look hard enough you can find an insult in every little thing. Who won the Falklands war anyway? Not them that's for sure, it only took us a couple of Gurkhas and a cheese wire to make them turn tail and run, not to mention Prince whatshistwat delivering the mail for our brave boys like the hero he isn't...

Last edited:
If you look hard enough you can find an insult in every little thing. Who won the Falklands war anyway? Not them that's for sure, it only took us a couple of Gurkhas and a cheese wire to make them turn tail and run, not to mention Prince whatshistwat delivering the mail for our brave boys like the hero he isn't...
My dear friend, that is an idiotic post.
:clip:

Back
Top Bottom