Television Top Gear

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Things have changed though. Their Lady Prime Minister is war mongering, she wants the Falklands back !! She's stirring things up.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
She's just doing what all deeply unpopular leaders do and diverting attention away from more pressing issues by tubthumping on a popular nationalist issue. It's a bit like when you have a country with a fragile economy and you keep talking about Europe and immagration.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Watched part 2 on play back. I got the impressuon the crew left the country by convoy and the main stars left the country via other means. Almost certainly in a police car or under very tight security. Good episode though. How good was that Esprit? Colin Chapman would have been proud.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
I'm certain they left the country by other means. I would imagine that the insurance on each one is much to high to risk them being mobbed to death.

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
I didn't watch and haven't watched Top Gear for at least two years.

Amusing at first, now just Clarkson being an immature arse followed by two fellows who should know better!

Jos the Boss

Champion Elect
Mephistopheles the plan was to change the number plate for the car football game that didn't happen because they had been alerted that the number plate might be "offensive." No idea where they got that from!
Edit: Which it says in the link... who'd have thunk it eh

Last edited:

rufus_mcdufus

Champion Elect
It was interesting to note the front number plate fell off at some point and I'm not sure if they would've got picked up on this by the police like they would here.
It does look like the car had this registration from the earliy nineties but I am rather surprised the production team didn't pick up on any possible reference to the Falklands, though I'm glad they didn't kowtow to political correctness in this instance.

Mephistopheles

Banned
Contributor
If you look hard enough you can find an insult in every little thing. Who won the Falklands war anyway? Not them that's for sure, it only took us a couple of Gurkhas and a cheese wire to make them turn tail and run, not to mention Prince whatshistwat delivering the mail for our brave boys like the hero he isn't...

Last edited:

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
If you look hard enough you can find an insult in every little thing. Who won the Falklands war anyway? Not them that's for sure, it only took us a couple of Gurkhas and a cheese wire to make them turn tail and run, not to mention Prince whatshistwat delivering the mail for our brave boys like the hero he isn't...
My dear friend, that is an idiotic post.
:clip:

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
I just watched this tonight and it did look really serious. I suspect the 'stars' were flown out.

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
This times article is interesting. Seems to suggest the mob was state organised. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/argentina/11309075/Top-Gear-Christmas-Special-What-really-happened-in-Patagonia.html

The comments below the article point out the registration was changed in 2001. https://www.instantcarcheck.co.uk/Report/h982fkl/lboyl

The reg was clearly bought for the Porsche by the previous owner. Its a porsche 928 and the reg is 982. Hides its age and is pretty close to 928.

Top Bottom