Thou shalt counteth to three

racecub - You cite Andrew Benson, well done on being so brave, he write some of the most clueless stuff on the BBC site..

So, we putting Kimi in the top 3 or don't you think he is fast enough or a good enough driver?

The point I am making by the way racecub as you don't seem to have picked up on it, is that it is very subjective who these fabled top 3 are. Doesn't matter on F1 fans opinions, it matters who the technical people in the teams would take on and like to have driving for them!

Oh Im nothing if not brave! I know Benson can talk some crap, I just used him to illustrates a point, Hughes, team bosses, drivers, you'd get the same overall answer.. Yes there'd be anomolies, but all things evened out, the same three drivers would be at the top. I know you don't like one of them, but you'd have to deal with that because he'd be in there. Kimi would be just outside, a very god and very fast driver , but just outside. Of course it's subjective, and I have picked up on the point you're trying to make, but I think you're missing the point that subjectivity, personal attitudes and anything else aside; if you asked any random group of people with F1 knowledge to list their drivers in order, three names would come out at the top of the list.

Well Whitmarsh isn't considered as a one of the top three drivers, or even team managers for that matter. If he was, I'd have to accept it. but we're talking about top three drivers. I'm not saying I like all three top drivers, but I accept they're the top three.

racecub - What do you mean, I don't like one of them? I have nothing against any driver and would like to see them all do well, I have something against blinkered 'fans', not against a driver. If you are talking about Lewis, I agree that he is a fast driver, that doesn't necessarily mean that he is in the top three as he always seems to trip over soemwhere over a full GP distance, similar to Kimi in that respect.

Yes, you coould ask a group of randoms and they would name the three drivers that most is written about, not the same thing as top 3 on the drivers market though, is it?

Im not talking about a group of randoms, they would most likely pick Schumacher. I'm talking about people with some F1 knowledge. Interesting you mention Lewis, I've mentioned no names as yet, but since you do I find your statement that he 'always seems to trip over someone' rather wide of the mark. Who has he tripped over this season? there have been plenty of trippings over, but not by Lewis. Blinkered fans I agree with you can be very frustrating to deal with.

OK

This seems to be descending in to the normal tit for tat.

Please discuss the topic, rather than sniping at each other, otherwise I shall lock the thread.

Thank you.

Ok let's rephrase again. If people with some F1 knowledge were asked to place all the current F1 drivers in order starting with the one they think is best and going down to the one they think is worst......then if all this information was collated, we'd arrive at a list of F1 drivers going from the one considered best down to the one considered worst. Well the three at the top of that list, they're the three Im on about. :yes:

People with some F1 knowledge like the team principals? Here's their ranking of the top 10 drivers last year:

1. Vettel 241 UP 1
2. Button 200 UP 4
3. Alonso 188 DOWN 2
4. Hamilton 122 DOWN 1
5. Rosberg 90 UP 2
6. Webber 70 DOWN 2
7. Di Resta 44 NEW ENTRY
8. Sutil 38 RE-ENTRY FROM 2009
9. Kovalainen 26 RE-ENTRY FROM 2008
10. Schumacher 23 NEW ENTRY

Though my opinion of the top 3 drivers would likely be identical to yours racecub, I wouldn't say there is a general consesus as so many will have a different opinion. Take the Button vs Hamilton thread for example.

Actually Viscount you make a very good point the top three drivers can only be defined on a yearly basis and that can only be defined on how many points a driver achieves in said year and so last year the top three drives (Not four neither five shall it be.) were.
  1. Vettel
  2. Button
  3. Alonso
And at present the top three drivers are.
  1. Vettel
  2. Alonso
  3. Raikkonen
There is simply no other way it can be fairly judged as all other methods are clouded by favouritism....

Top 3 drivers to me are

1. Alonso
2. Raikkonen
3. Hamilton

I have knowledge of F1. I think by the end of the season I might see Vettel as joint third.

Back
Top Bottom