Movies The worst film you ever saw.

Borat was cringe making but had some funny moments. Bruno, well words just fail me - truly appalling, I can't think of anything positive to say about this film.

Besides the utter garbage second Star Wars trilogy, I'm finding it hard to remember films that I thought were truly rubbish. I can't stand films that scream "we want an Oscar (tm) for this pleeeeeeeeeaaasee).

Then there are films that play fast and loose with history such as anything involving Mel Gibson and the English.

I'm watching 2012 at the moment and it's nowhere near as bad as some movies I've seen.
I'm only about 20 minutes in though so there's still time.

Of course the 6,000 metre long pipe full of water reaching to the earth's core was a tad far-fetched :D

I have a short list of diabolically misconceived and executed films I have had the misfortune to see recently:

Harry Brown, :bored: Max Payne, :crazy: Jet Li's Fearless :givemestrength: and the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still. >:( :givemestrength: :spank:

I kid you not Titanic 2 is currently showing on Movies 24 on Sky channel 328
rofl.gif

I kid you not Titanic 2 is currently showing on Movies 24 on Sky channel 328 ROFL

Having read the plot synopsis, I can't imagine a situation where my life would be so empty as to ever need to watch that film for something to do.

You know when something is so bad you stare open mouthed, unable to pull yourself away? Until your wife says "What the chuff are you watching?"

You know when something is so bad you stare open mouthed, unable to pull yourself away? Until your wife says "What the chuff are you watching?"

I find that very disturbing - not just the notion that there could be another such disaster, but that some tosser was willing to try and make money from it.

Hello sonny, 1500+ people died in a real disaster and you have the audacity to turn it into some sort of money-spinning "sequel".

Admittedly I am not a member of the target audience for this film, but Sin City is the latest that I walked out on. Relentless graphic violence, depicted in black and white to try to make it pass for "art" is not something fit for public display.

I agree that Borat was , to borrow a phrase from Blackadder Goes Forth, "a steaming pile of horse manure".

I don't see many films these days, but the remake of Brighton Rock that I saw on Saturday was, I thought, absolutely diabolical. The casting of Helen Mirren as Ida Arnold - bizarre (those who have read the book or seen the original film will hopefully understand what I mean).

The actors actually did their best, but with material such as: "You're good, and I'm bad. We're made for each other" - need I say more?

Admittedly I am not a member of the target audience for this film, but Sin City is the latest that I walked out on. Relentless graphic violence, depicted in black and white to try to make it pass for "art" is not something fit for public display.

I thought Sin City was an excellent film, I do admit I am part of the target audience and I'm a huge fan of Frank Millers graphic novels. If you're not familar with the source material then it would seem like your average violent money spinner. If Brogan hasn't seen it I would definately recommend it as one of the best films to show off the capabilities of Blu-Ray.

I have to nominate any one of the 3 Star Wars "Prequals". The original 3 Star Wars films are great in their own way even though when you look at them with something a little more than a casual eye there are more plot holes than you can shake a large (and I mean seriously large!!) stick at.

The three prequals are dull, unimaginative, boring, poorly acted :censored:

I loved the imagination that had gone into all the different worlds and peoples and scenarios - the planets were great, the monsters were great, the spaceships were great.

If only they'd taken the same care over the script (I read somewhere that Lucas refused to let anyone else - a team of professional script writers, say - do any of the script writing). He has a special gift of making otherwise talented actors into expressionless clumsy lumps of wood.

Poor.
J

Back
Top Bottom