Movies The worst film you ever saw.

My trouble is, I am sooo grizzly when it comes to films, that I think every film i see is the 'worst ever' after watching it. LOL

Really, I'd rather watch three hours of docurama about the Egyptians :crazy:

However if i should contribute to have my say grizzle, I was practically forced to watch 2012 some months back. So though I would be hard pushed to differentiate between bad films to find the worst, I could almost certainly say that this was the 'Worst film I ever saw; this year'.

It started close to rock bottom and after the first MEGA disaster, it hit rock bottom. Where it then scraped around rock bottom for a while, tearing itself to shreds, before bouncing, harder and harder into rock bottom, then smashing itself THROUGH rock bottom into oblivion, where it then exploded into 1,000,000 pieces, before landing on rock, rock, bottom, breaking each piece into 1 Brazilian pieces, where it all STILL continued in its efforts to destroy itself further before eventually reaching the core of the earth, melting into pure, molten, rock bottom and collapsing in on itself.

Now I'm not sure if this is my imagination or the actual plot line??

I think this is pretty much the case with any modern film that tries to take itself seriously...

..the fact I quite enjoyed curling up on the sofa with the missus giggling at Bridget Jones Sat night does not even come into it, so doesn't need mentioning :whistle:

Never seen Battlefield Earth but I'd agree with 2012, grade one bull plop. I'd like to add Avatar and Cloverfield, probably not the "worst" films I've every seen but never able to live up to the hype surrounding them.

I liked Cloverfield.
I didn't know anything about it so had no pre-conceptions.

Still haven't seen Avatar but by all accounts it's fairly poor and a thinly disguised story.

Avatar is on Sky Movies Premiere this Christmas, so I'll probably record it to watch. Cloverfield was not bad, although some bits were a bit far fetched, but as a modern B-Movie it was pretty good.

Brogan said:
Some bits? :D

Considering the story I think it's safe to say it was all far fetched LOL

well, if you suspend belief over a massive monster trashing an American City, I meant more the bit where his girl friend has a metal bar through her shoulder but a few scenes later is rushing around with seemingly no ill effects. Remarkable recuperative powers, those heroines. Either that or my pharmacist is witholding the REALLY good painkillers from me LOL

I wish I could get a video camera that had the battery life like the one in Cloverfield. Also, when you are being chased by large creatures around New York would your main priority be to keep a video diary? Never seen The Blair Witch Project but I assume this was the inspiration for Cloverfield, if I want to watch a badly filmed and edit movie I'll dig out some of our old home movies.

I would also like to add to the worst film ever list anything staring Ricky Gervais (which allows me to exclude both Night at the Museum movies as I thought they were pretty good)

FB said:
I would also like to add to the worst film ever list anything staring Ricky Gervais (which allows me to exclude both Night at the Museum movies as I thought they were pretty good)

He was rather typecast in those movies. Seemed like he was playing the same role as he did in the Office (which I also disliked).

I was thinking more of rubbish like The Invention of Lying and Ghost Town :sick: S'pose as he wrote The Invention of Lying it was always going to be crap.

fat_jez said:
He was rather typecast in those movies. Seemed like he was playing the same role as he did in the Office (which I also disliked).
It's not typecasting, that's exactly who he is.
He plays the same "character" in everything he does.

Playing yourself in a movie isn't always a bad thing John Wayne played the same character in nearly every film he made. I suppose the problem is if the person's character isn't one you like then you never enjoy the film. I have a similar problem with Eddie Murphy and Adam Sandler, although there are some exceptions in their back catalogue.

Just on that, can I give a mention to You Don't Mess with the Zohan. What a load of crap, what was John Tuturro thinking of?

FB said:
Just on that, can I give a mention to You Don't Mess with the Zohan. What a load of crap, what was John Tuturro thinking of?

What was John Tuturro thinking? Probably something along the lines of, "I have a career, what the hell am I doing on this film?" :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :givemestrength:

Brogan said:
Speshal said:
Has anyone mentioned Snakes on a plane?
Or the British remake; Chav's on a train.

But that would be eerily realistic!

Also, with Snakes on a Plane, it was meant to be a load of crap and not a serious film so I watched it as such and laughed most of the way because it was so ridiculous. Great comedy! :D

I've just thought of a film to trump all of the suggestions so far - Bruno. One of the few films (only?) I've walked out of.

Back
Top Bottom