Movies The worst film you ever saw.

You will be able to file this one under "Worst Film You Never Saw" for me, as there isn't a chance in hell I will witness it.

Adam Sandler's new disaster - PIXELS

Actually though the main reason I bring it up is this guys unabashed evisceration of the "film"

Films I've given 1 star on imdb:
Arthur & the great adventure (kids film.... the first Arthur & the invisibles film was mediocre, so they mashed up the two bad sequels for release in the UK to make one horrifically bad film)
The Santa Clause 2 (Tim Allen christmas sequel, painfully bad)
Ju-on 1 & 2(Japanese horrors that I just didn't find scary)

Films I've given 2 stars to on imdb:
Trafic & Playtime (Jacques Tati films, probably disappoint me so much because I love his other films: Mon Oncle, Les Vacances de M Hulot & Jour de Fete)
Snow dogs (horrible Disney film)
The Santa Clause 3 (another Tim Allen christmas sequel, you might well ask why I watched this after 1 starring the other one :facepalm:)
The Simpsons movie (just one long subpar simpsons episode :ermmm:)
Mr Bean's Holiday (maybe I hate it as it's a bad homage to Jacques Tati, I dunno)
Deuce Bigalow 2 (unfunny Rob Shneider sequel)
Ted 2 (Original was ok if you like Seth MacFarlane humour, sequel was dire)
Mr & Mrs Smith (Brangelina shoot at each other lots)
Showgirls (lots of nudity, not much else)
Redeye (I have no memory of this :thinking:)
Taken 2 (Liam Neeson is abducted, and figures out where he is by getting his daughter to lob some grenades in Istanbul to triangulate his position ROFL)
Resident evil: extinction (I like zombie films, but Resident evil lost its connection to the genre early on, yet still keep cranking out more)
Kickboxer (Jean-Claude van Damme cheesy martial art film)
Raging Bull (supposed to be a classic boxing movie [#119 on imdb], but I just didn't get immersed in it)
King Kong (1933 original, I was surprised by how bad I found this classic)

Last edited:
I watched Grand Prix (1966) earlier this week. the old cars were great, seeing the old tracks was even better, the rest of the film was dull as dishwater, which wasn't helped by the 3 hour run time or James Garners wooden acting.

By all means watch it for the racing, just fast forward through the tedious back story.

2 Stars.

Last edited:
I watched Grand Prix (1966) earlier this week. the old cars were great, seeing the old tracks was even better, the rest of the film was dull as dishwater, which wasn't helped by the 3 hour run time or James Garners wooden acting.

By all means watch it for the racing, just fast forward through the tedious back story.

2 Stars.

Heresy! If you want a motor racing film with no story whatsoever watch Le Mans. It's still fantastic though.

Me & the kids love Adam Sandler films, each to their own tastes really!

A saying in the Wedding Singer is something I use almost every day, & approproate for F1:

Vince Vaughn - DodgeBall and Anchorman both brilliant films.
Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson - Zoolander and Night at the Museum both great films.

Not seen any Adam Sandler films.

Last edited:
To be fair, there are some Adam Sandler films that are Ok in my book:

- Happy Gilmore
- The Wedding Singer
- Spanglish
- Transylvania

Wedding Singer is okay to watch but if you get a film containing all 4 of them together it feels like you're watching the same film

Before Owen Wilson went all goofy and nerdy he actually had a few action movies - Enemy of the State and his rather short lived appearance on Armageddon

Vince Vaughn in case you were not aware was cast as Norman Bates in the reboot of Psycho !!!:sbefore he went all comedy

Back
Top Bottom