Movies The worst film you ever saw.

Judging by the production values shown in the trailer for Avalanche Sharks, the producers had to make a choice between buying a case of ale or making a movie. They made the wrong choice.

Despite the warnings I watched Spiderman 2 - didn't it go on? I think it could have been condensed into about 30 minutes. Got to the funeral scene and I thought I'd go for a fag as it must be the end. Came back in after making a coffee and it was still bumbling it's way to the final credits.

It had something like three "endings".

Reminded me a bit of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King in that sense.
We watched the extended version which is something just over 3 hours.
Good grief!

And they still omitted a huge part of the ending from the book too so could have gone on for another half hour at least!

Mention of Con Air earlier (which I hate) reminded me of the Stargate film from around the same time, with Kurt Russell & James Spader. The reviews of this film and general opinion doesn't seem to be too bad. I found it the biggest bag of shite I'd ever watched. I even gave it a second viewing to make sure I wasn't missing something. The second viewing seemed even worse, though I'm not sure if it had been cut to ribbons for TV. The editing just made no sense at all, script and story beyond weak. There seemed to be a phase of fast jump-cut editing around that time (see also Con Air) that was really poorly-executed.

Seal Team Eight: Behind Enemy Lines

If you have this film on your planner, delete it now.

Trust me, you will thank me for it.

Has anyone mentioned the film of Mamma Mia? I had the misfortune to see the stage show too but the film was worse. I may not be the target audience for it though.

Taken 3, I watched that shit so you don't have to !!

"Ok Mr Neeson, so you didn't kill your wife, you can go. What's that? Those 4 Russians you killed in the off licence, the 2 body guards at the bottom of the lift, the 2 guards at the top, the 4 henchman and the nasty Russian? Forget it, they were bad people, Its fine, say no more"

Its because certain films box office takings demand that a sequel is made despite the fact that the idea that made the film work so well can only be used once.

Sequels are usually only any good when they are planned. Ad-hoc sequels based on piggybacking the success of the original are usually crap. A lot of films these days seem to leave an open end for a sequel if they get the funding, which I also think is shit.

No, if the story is good enough, spread it over a few films. If the first film was good, avoid a sequel, unless it can be better.

It's never the same with books though? If you look at a series of books there are good ones and not so good ones in the series but it doesn't generally depend on the order of release.

Strange that films aren't the same.

Taken itself wasn't exactly a top class film. I watched it with a few friends and found it to be average and predicted most of the stuff that was going to happen.

To us it felt just like an above average action film.

Back
Top Bottom