The Wait Between Races

Is the wait between races too long?

• Total voters
The teams and staff need the 4 week Summer break! So do we so we can time our own summer holidays to Benidorm to avoid having to watch a GP in Spanish, feeding euros into your Hotel TV....

As for the rest of the season 2 weeks is the max, I do though like the back to back weekends we have now and again, this keeps the momentum going @ a fast pace.

I would imagine there are reasons for some gaps to be longer than others....

I really hate the wait between races. It feels like a life time, but this can be a good thing in many ways. When a race weekend comes around i get really excited these days and end up following every minute of it from FP1-3 to the pre-shows for qualy and the race. If was to become over-exposed it would probably lose this excitement. During the warm lap i usually can't sit still for excitement.

Oh dear LOL - Google calendar updated with all the F1 and Moto GP races already. Not too many clashes thankfully.

I had to check that. Five weekends clashing, three of them having races on different side of the globe:
Silverstone/Montreal
Laguna Seca/Nurburgring
Indianapolis/Spa

Once in the same continent, with MotoGP racing on Saturday so the clash happens with qualifying
Assen/Valencia

Once there is near clash. I haven't checked the exact timetables but anyway:
Phillip Island/Yeongam

Oh dear LOL - Google calendar updated with all the F1 and Moto GP races already. Not too many clashes thankfully.
Hmmm, that gives me an idea.
I could create a calender page and embed a Google calendar iframe....:thinking:

Is there a general Google calendar for all the events or is this your own Spesh?

Hmmm, that gives me an idea.
I could create a calender page and embed a Google calendar iframe....:thinking:

Is there a general Google calendar for all the events or is this your own Spesh?

I just googled for F1 calendar and found this one F1 Fanatic Calendar

And use this one for the motoGP 2Wheels

The HTML for the F1 calendar is

HTML:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?height=600&amp;wkst=2&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;src=hendnaic1pa2r3oj8b87m08afg%40group.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%23182C57&amp;ctz=Europe%2FLondon" style=" border-width:0 " width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Cheers Spesh.

I think I'll do a new one and give editing rights to anyone from here who wants them.
That way we can build our own and add links to the various Race Hub pages, etc.

Back
Top Bottom