Music The Music Thread

Thanks FB. We had a fabulous system until 2007 it even included a record deck. It was quite ancient though and had no way of playing CD’s. So as we were moving we got rid of it, mores the pity. The new vinyl ere hadn’t really kicked of at that stage.

Bill Boddy - not to derail the thread but I suspect there isn't a company selling products in any sphere who isn't "playing the game" on taxes. In the business realm I'm involved with a company factors all its orders via a Swiss shell business on products made in the UK. These are sold at "cost plus" to the Swiss business and then invoiced at full price to ensure they pay as little tax in the UK as possible. These are goods made in the UK and then sold to another UK company, they never get near Swistzerland.

I accept your point that companies should pay the taxes that are due but they are nearly all at it.

Bill Boddy....I accept your point that companies should pay the taxes that are due but they are nearly all at it.

That does not make it right, especially as we are the customers and can force the, to change their ways. Alas, we are too stupid to see as far as the end of our noses.

does feel like this song could sum up brexit fiasco. as i heard it in the car

Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies
Careful what you wish for
We're looking for angels in the darkest of skies

looking for light inside an ocean of night

I need you to know I'm not asking for a miracle

Still taking time to go thru this thread...

From what I see so far... some great songs mentioned.

Listening to Coldplay at the moment, for me probably "the best band out there". How on earth did they come up with the Violet Hill tune. Simply amazing song
I like the poetic type soft rock...

I'm also been a huge U2 fan over the years

Scott Walker died today. If you know who he is then you're probably a fan. If you don't odds are he was a big influence on an artist you are a fan of.

Heres my favourite song of his

N-zgdGQB4S4

Last edited:
i know its not to most taste. but taylor swift new song 'you need to calm down' got a lovely message & based on the last few weeks we could all do with some of it

I ain't trying to mess with your self-expression But I've learned a lesson that stressing & obsessing about somebody else is no fun

Glastonbury next weekend, looks a decent lineup. killers should be good headliners. but I remember 2017 I went from foo fighters are alright to huge fan in 1 set

Back
Top Bottom