Music The Music Thread

I saw the remaining Blockheads live in Wolverhampton a couple of years ago with the comedian Phil Jupitus standing in for the late, great Ian Dury. They played the whole of 'New Boots and Panties' and other hits. I have to say, it was a great night out.

I was all geared up to see one of his last shows (Ross on Wye International... 2001?)... Had to cancel through poor health: replaced with Steve Harley, who did a storming show including a couple of Dury covers as compensation.

Came across this song. Even thought the lyrics are rather pensive, the rhythm is upbeat. When I heard it I couldn't put a finger where the band came from, but I was sure from somewhere is the US East coast. Maybe they have influences down there but they are actually from Sydney. Hip Hop lovers rejoice

FB_IMG_1522497924339.jpg

Big fan of chvrches & love their new song "get out" straight back on it after hits from 1st album the mother we share, empty threat, recover & lies

See i do have credible music tastes outside katy perry & taylor swift ;) LOL

Due to circumstances at work finished 3 hrs earlier than usual. So was home in time to watch "sounds like Friday night" which i watched out of curiosity as lm fan of greg james. Heard this. Ive never heard of halsey or even knew who she was. Beforehand but min in. I was hooked thinking this is a tune. Im usually a grower before i like something

Was watching pointless which ended up me researching & Finding a great fact that crazy frog has more Uk Number 1 singles than Bob Marley, The Who, Bruce Springsteen. Because crazy frog had 1 the other 3 never achieved the feat

Just to redeem myself. I do like the new Florence and the machine stuff

Looking forward to biggest weekend this bank holiday with Radio 1, 2, 3 & 6 music joining together in 4 locations. Ill be amazed if you cant find 1 act you like in the list

For me looking forward to noel gallagher stereophonics & Emeli sande from R2. ill be mainly on the radio 1 weekend in Swansea, with too many to mention but chvurches & certainly Taylor swift who i dont mind admitting ive got her album & its great

BBC Music Presents The Biggest Weekend

So the director thought, let's take a young American actress, dress her up as Japanese Manga character and then have her sing a classic British new wave song "Turning Japanese" 'cause the song is about Japan right ??

I think someone needed to check what the song is actually about LOL

Well, the song really doesn't mean what many people think it means. I have their original album and the song writer had a strong interest in Japan, with songs like "Letter from Hiro," among other subjects.

It was a decent album with interesting lyrics.

Only right today to post the greatest football song. its 22 years old & i cant help but still feel optimistic despite everything, everytime i listen

Back
Top Bottom