Music The Music Thread

McZiderRed

Champion Elect
Supporter
This is a thread we've all seen on other forums and, love 'em or hate 'em, they prove popular!
If people don't give two hoots for this sort of thing, then there will be no replies...
But, if people like to be entertained by different peoples' taste in music, then this thread will take off!!! :popcorn:

To start us off, I thought I'd share my love of Massive Attack, especially this track...

Protection*

I also absolutely love this track Karmacoma*

There are loads of other tracks which I could include now, but I relish the thought of people expanding their own ideas... and I can keep the other tracks for later! :)

So, you guessed it, this is the moment that I ask you to tell us what music you like! :D

Feel free to post your favourite music selection and impress your fellow CTA members! :cheer:

* I would love to have posted a direct link to the youtoob video, but it wouldn't work....

fat_jez said:
Mr Phil King with the War I Cannot Win

That is supberb! :thumbsup: (looks like The Centre of Bistol to me..!)

May I offer the following suggestions?

As I'm a bit of a folky, one of my favourite artists is Richard Thompson (one of the founding members of Fairport Convention).
I particularly like 1952 Vincent Black Lightning

As a follow up, there is this offering from his son, Teddy Thompson (as played now on Radio2!) In My Arms, the acoustic version. :)

If it's acoustic, folk style music you're after I love this song by the Barenaked Ladies.

When I fall

They are best known over here for the hit single "One Week" but I've got all their albums and they are simply superb. This is from the Album "Born on a Pirate Ship" (Despite what it says on the bar next to the clip). And is about the ponderings of a window cleaner on a high rise building. A wonderful song.

In my opinion one of the best song writers to ever come out of Britain is Ray Davis of the Kinks. Not many people know that the Kinks kept working together and releasing original music up until 1996. I love this song from the 1987 Album - Think Visual (again despite what it says on the opening title, (the Road is a live Album).

Lost and Found

For something a little harder, Here's one for everybody who drones on about how wonderful and original Nirvana were. Sound familiar? A brilliant, original British band.

Eighties

cider_and_toast said:
For something a little harder, Here's one for everybody who drones on about how wonderful and original Nirvana were. Sound familiar? A brilliant, original British band.

That did sound familiar, now that you mention it! LOL

That one was my favourite of the three that you posted, by the way... :thumbsup:

Now, though, I thought I'd post something recent.
Today, I have mostly been listening to nothing, cos I've been busy (eergghh ),
but the first songs I listened to was Notion by Kings of Leon. :snacks:

Does no-one like embedding?
Saves me clicking through to YouTube :D

Here's a classic complete with corny video/dancing.

Geoff, I demand to know why I have never heard of Robin Trower before !!!

That's quality.

Once again Mr Amazon may be introduced to Mr Debit Card :D

Bro, It's all part of the fun. If you embed it then people can see what your on about and may not be encouraged to listen.

Back
Top Bottom