The Good Old Days

RasputinLives - As I say - fair enough - we're both entitled to our opinions! Maybe my retrospective opinion of seasons is based, somewhat, on the FIA reviews of the year... If you ever get the chance, buy a copy of the 1993 FIA review of the season - Jonathan Ross is doing the summarising, and at some points it's hilarious (Although 1986's discussion by Clive James is probably the best I've ever come across!) - in 1994, everything became so sterile... Since then, the FIA official reviews have gone downhill, and even the most exciting seasons come across as dull dull dull!!!

As has already been mentioned, I believe everyone has a different image of "The Good Ol' Days" in their minds eye. Trying to persuade somebody one way or the other about their "Classic" season is a foolhardy task. There is a litany of reasons why a person would follow Formula One and consequently there are an enormous amount of factors that contribute to one's enjoyment of a particular campaign, or not.

There's a generation of F1 fans out there that will one day pine for the glory of the 2013 Season, the last "real" season with "big, brutish" engines they might say....

Back
Top Bottom