Gaming The Games Thread

Just played Crysis 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood again, both are good, Crysis is a bit too futuristic but not bad on multiplayer even though I don't know how to throw grenades in it.

Always a fan of Assassin Creed games....but I get annoyed by this "Subject 16" stuff and how you need to find some weird symbol on a wall then do multiple puzzles to try get information about it, but yet get nowhere in it...

I was planning to get Resistance 3 but the more videos I see of it and the more I read about it, the less excited I get. I loved Resistance 2 so originally I was hyped for it, but the multiplayer is starting to look like one giant Call of Duty rip-off(and I hate Call of Duty). It's got killstreaks and apparently a prestige system. Not happy.

Battlefield 3 is one I have my eye one....

Battlefeild 2 bad company was great, but very frustrating!

I'm on the fence about Battlefield 3. I also had Bad Company 2 and thought it was great, but I got disconnected way too much. I may have to concede it was a PS3 issue. If they manage to fix that I'll probably get it.

Finally found a cheap copy of "Homefront" for the Xbox yesterday - a good game, with a great story, but insultingly short Single Player campaign. Not too dissimilar to the recent reboot of "Medal of Honour" (I can't bring myself to omit the "U"!). I do get a bit irritated that so many developers seem to neglect the single-player campaigns in favour of trying to "dethrone CoD online" - simpy because they can't, they just end up being rather pale imitations.

Having said that, I was rather unimpressed with "Black Ops" MP - I really didn't like the whole "buy your favourite weapon attachments straight away" thing, as it just meant everyone bought silencers for their assault rifles and stuck the ghost/ninja perks on before running about invisibly on every map. I preferred the CoD4 & MW2 thing of unlocking the good stuff the further up the rankings you went. I did like the maps though - one thing that Treyarch do quite well.

I preferred the CoD4

CoD 4 mate :thumbsup:

MW2 took the piss, not only was it easier, you got more killstreaks, you also got these people running around knifing with that 3 combo perk, then you get these quick scopers because of that "Pro perk", and also you get these people that have Scavenger as a perk, use grenade launchers and rocket launchers constantly.

Ruined Call of Duty for me....Black Ops was in the right direction, but that was too easy, plus it had lots of killstreaks and buying weapons. Wasn't that bad though, if that was set in Modern time like Modern Warfare 2, I think it would have been better than the current one!

Sorry for the rant!

I've been gaming on the PC over the past couple of months via OnLive. Silent Hunter 5 being my game of choice.
Anybody else gaming via OnLive? I'd be interested in your opinions.

Have to say, the Batman Arkham Asylum game is pretty good. After having about 8 games in the past 4 months 3 still wrapped in its original packaging, I have managed to play it, only 28% through it.

Skyrin and gears of war 3 are still lying there. Forza has only been played once, 40% through assassins creed relevations, and 20% or so through Gears of war 2.

Still need to get Deus Ex, and Arkham City.

Going to take me a year to complete all, and thats with more than half a year off of university!

I prestiged on MW3 MP this weekend - the more I play, the better I like it!

The perks seem to have been balanced out a lot better, and the n00b tubes are nowhere near as deadly (plus you can't pick up spare ammo for them using the Scavenger perk). The only irritation is the Akimbo machine pistols sidearm, though since I've been using them myself, I can't moan too loudly! Maps where I'd previously been mown down relentlessly have yielded their quirks to me now, and I've even been tempted away from Deathmatches into Domination & Kill Confirmed. I'm rather looking forward to getting home & having another session, frankly!

Back
Top Bottom