FIA The FIA admits the controversy at the Abu Dhabi GP is “tarnishing the image of the Championship”

So far it would seem he is minister without portfolio - that should help justify spreading his severance costs

He is gone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-143840_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-143840_Twitter.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 51
It would be nice to hear the reasons behind the changes in full why they felt this was the way forward

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the Saudis New FIA President used all of their his massive cyber-warfare capabilities to scour the internet, socials and forums (I'd ask Brogan if the site traffic increased from the last GP) to find a consensus amongst the actual fans, then focus group the best outcome, et voila Masi is "re-assigned" Lewis is happy, all of this can be swept under the rug.

I'll get my tinfoil hat and see myself out, thank you very much. :moustache:

Just read the press release from Green Lantern's post and it's absolute bollocks.

The stewards can't rapidly resolve issues as it is so, by adding yet another layer of review things will take even longer.

Instead of banning the teams from lobbying the race director they're going to ban us hearing the teams lobbying the race director. Its directly implied that it was the viewers fault that Masi screwed it all up.

And that's it. Anything else regarding safety cars or rule changes is still to be decided.

As I said at the top, absolutely bollocks.

Instead of banning the teams from lobbying the race director they're going to ban us hearing the teams lobbying the race director. Its directly implied that it was the viewers fault that Masi screwed it all up.
I'm not sure I agree with your reading of this:
1645115334445.png

It's not the broadcast on TV element that's being removed, but the direct radio communications. The suggestion is to have an alternative route to asking questions of the race director... (Send me an e-mail).

I think it was agreed Masi was doing 3 jobs so they've split his role into 3 more importantly Herbie Blash is there to lend his experience . The alternating race director is good

My interpretation is the teams cannot talk to the race director directly but to Herbie and the other person their views over the radio. Now what that would allow them to do is the 3 agree best course of action together

Interesting the safety car procedure has not been discussed or rubber stamped to prove whether Masi was wrong or right in his application

I am surprised they did not go to the Formula E guy as race director

i was a big defender of masi & i still think that albeit it could've been the same result Hamilton but he had more chance in 2nd on new softs than he did in 1st on finished tyres. as riccardio in china 2017? proved, then also he shouldve defended that inside line with his life instead of leaving the door wide open but under such pressure & it understandable if he forgot that DRS wasnt available

but thats all making the best of a bad situation & as soon as that "new" video came out few weeks ago. he was like a football manager that you knew was sacked but you just waiting for confirmation. as you cant have someone as easily swayed & weak willed as that in charge. & i wouldve like to see red bull or jonathon wheatley also punished

on the statement i like it, dont know niels wittich, as i havent watch the DTM in a over a decade but Eduardo Freitas is very good addition always comes across well in WEC/Le Mans. Herbie blash coming back is an inspired choice gets well much needed experience back in the paddock that we have badly missed since the passing of charlie. & the removal of being able to chat to race director unless absolutely necessary was much needed addition, although coming from football any mention of VAR terrifies me LOL

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the Saudis New FIA President used all of their his massive cyber-warfare capabilities to scour the internet, socials and forums (I'd ask Brogan if the site traffic increased from the last GP) to find a consensus amongst the actual fans, then focus group the best outcome, et voila Masi is "re-assigned" Lewis is happy, all of this can be swept under the rug.

I'll get my tinfoil hat and see myself out, thank you very much. :moustache:
as nice as it sounds, when have F1 ever listened to the fans LOL

I'm not sure I agree with your reading of this:
View attachment 15329
It's not the broadcast on TV element that's being removed, but the direct radio communications. The suggestion is to have an alternative route to asking questions of the race director... (Send me an e-mail).
Fine if it's as you suggest but I read that as they will stop broadcasting the Comms but still allow communications with the race director.

Fine if it's as you suggest but I read that as they will stop broadcasting the Comms but still allow communications with the race director.
I have suggestion forward your question directly to SkySports when Christian Horner is on and ask him " Can you still talk to the race director directly when there is a safety car situation ?"

Masi did nothing wrong, correctly applied the rules, and Verstappen legitimately won the race.

Masi has been sacked, presumably for something other than what happened at Abu Dhabi, otherwise the first sentence is invalid.

Masi did nothing wrong, correctly applied the rules, and Verstappen legitimately won the race.

Masi has been sacked, presumably for something other than what happened at Abu Dhabi, otherwise the first sentence is invalid.
I'm not sure, what did the official inquiry into the events of the race say about his conduct?

It's the second part of the sentence sentence that gives the context here - that they will be removed "to protect the race director from any pressure" - the tv broadcasting doesn't create the pressure... Horner and Wolff badgering him for the entire race creates the pressure.

The second sentence backs that up, by suggesting that there will be a non-intrusive process... I'd guess, as has been suggested, they'll be able to call Herbie, who will decide whether to pass the questions on (on a scrap of paper)....

Back
Top Bottom