Cricket The Ashes 2013

As Lord Geoffrey of Boycott always points out, add two wickets to the current score and see how it looks then.

Well its Clarke's own fault for wasting them on 50-50 (maybe even 60-40 against!) situations. He really needs to work on that part of his captaincy.

FB LOL

Actually, I think that was a classic Ashes test.

Final day. Both teams with a very realistic chance of winning the test.The match goes down to almost the final over...

And the final wicket is given on a review! :)

I've heard people calling this the "DRS Test". LOL

Unbearably tense (memories of Edgbaston '05), but the relief when that HotSpot showed up on the last referral...:o

Favourite memories from this test:
Jimmy's swing - and that delivery to dismiss Pup in the first innings
Agar's arrival (& his departure yesterday morning, frankly!)
Bell's patient and masterful century
Boycott crowing "Ye've got no referrals left, Australia!" on TMS when Broad refused to walk
Cook's goalkeeper catch to get Siddle
Trott's catch off Root

This will be a series to remember...

That was such a good Test match, every day was filled with some sort of great play or controversy. It's just a bit of a shame it ended on a bit of an anti-climax on a DRS decision and it would have been great if the Aussies could have got another 10 runs to make it even more tense!

Hopefully this bodes well for a tightly fought series.

What a brilliant test match that was at Trent Bridge. Hopefully the next test at Lord's won't be as tense and England can win a bit more easily.

Not so good this morning, 71-3 on what looks like a good wicket for batting. However the ball's nipping around enough to cause uncertainty in the batsman's mind. Boycott is in cantankerous form.

I'd call the first day even. Australia started well with the ball, Bell and Bairstow pulled it back in the middle of the day and then the Aussie's drag out a part time leg spinner who confuses everyone to take 3 wickets. Nice to see Pietersen is back to his best :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bloody dreadful. 500 was a realistic target on this pitch, and apart from Smith's delivery to Bell, Australia weren't amazingly threatening either. Kudos to Bell, and to an extent Trott and Bairstow for almost rescuing us. The three late wickets ruined the rescue act that had gone before. I'd have been much happier at 300-4 at the close of play.

Well, either Australia's batsmen are a bunch of numpties or England's bowlers are the real deal (the truth probably lies part way between the two) but the Aussie's are 5 down after only 30 overs and with less than 100 on the board. Maybe not such a flat batting surface?

Just had another thought, if they can get the rest out for less than 80 more runs Australia could be made to follow on ROFL

Looking more and more likely FB - not particularly good for the ashes, tickets for day 5 in this series are going to be cheap

Pietersen - Why?

Very peaky performance, seems to have a negative effect on his teammates, is South African

Back
Top Bottom