The 2012 Season

Some of Bruno Senna's sponsor's have tweeted that Senna is signed for Williams this year. No word from team or driver thus far.

http://planetf1.com/driver/18227/7417877/-Alguersuari-turned-down-HRT-role-

Interesting... although I do realise it's Planet F1.

Strange that McLaren may be a possible destination when they have both de la Rosa and Paffett, both of whom are experienced testers who can offer good feedback, however Alguersuari does bring recent experience and more speed to the table. I still don't see how this is a wise career move for him though, there's no way he's getting race experience unless Hamilton or Button has an accident or Hamilton doesn't resign after 2012 but that's unlikely in light of the recent noises from both parties.

If McLaren wanted a new 3rd driver I'd have thought Sutil would have been a better choice, he's got recent experience, speed, has just had his best season and would come recommended by Hamilton probably. Only thing missing is that he isn't renowned for offering excellent technical feedback. Also his nationality would probably please the board in Stuttgart who will start charging McLaren for their engines after 2012.

I like how now Buemi has gone to RBR that Marko thinks it's a good time to come out and and say they're 'not winners', really good way to motivate your reserve driver.

All that needs to happen is for Webber to keep beating Vettel to annoy Helmut even more and say he wants to carry on again

I like how now Buemi has gone to RBR that Marko thinks it's a good time to come out and and say they're 'not winners', really good way to motivate your reserve driver.

There are certain opinions you can express in public and others you should keep to yourself. Marko has yet to master this aspect!

As things stand, with two seats still vacant, the drivers competing in Melbourne 2012 will have the highest average age for the opening GP of a season since 1993.

Ages92-12.jpg

Who says the veterans are blocking new, young talent from coming in? :whistle:

The average will go up if Barrichello is confirmed, De La Rosa doesn't help matters either.

If Barrichello is confirmed then we will have 3 drivers over 40 years of age.

Well money won out of sentiment there then.

Ok so its mid Jan and there is just one seat left on the F1 grid and thats in a car that hasn't been built yet or has an engine and with the team coming out and saying they're looking for a youngster with potential and financial backing that leaves a few drivers at loose ends.

Adrian Sutil - reality hits with a bump as he faces the prospect of a court case and the only free F1 seat being for HRT - either DTM or a job as Lewis's chauffer beckons

Jerome D'ambrosio - Back on Decemeber 14th Jermoe said he was confident of a race seat http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/66487.html and was showing interest in the HRT role so maybe he's the 'talented youngster with cash' they''re looking for - if not a 3rd driver role beckons I think - most likely Marussia who've just dropped him

Jamie Alguersauri - Still younger than most of the drivers in F1 and has reportedly already turned down the HRT seat and is aiming at becoming Mclaren test driver? Obviously his hero is Pedro De La Rosa. I'm sure he's telling his agent he'd like to concentrate on his music but I'm sure his agent is probably looking at the U.S market.

Vitaly Petrov - Him being dropped by Lotus has made Mr Putin a very unhappy Merkat - rumours have it that Jarno Trulli is about to be shoved aside so Petrov has a seat for next year but if that doesn't happen I foresee him knocking about in various formats this year, maybe trying his hand at Le Mans before resurfacing for 2013 as a replacement for Timo Glock at Marussia.

Rubens Barrichello - well finally the game is up for Rubens as Bruno Senna takes his seat. I'm sure not seeing his name on the grid for the race in Australia will bring a little tear to everyones eye god bless him. What will Rubens do now? he'll probably slink back to Brazil, sit on his yachet, watch his win at Germany over and over and gradually slip out of the public eye....until Williams and his sponsors realises Bruno is awful and drop him near the end of the season and Rubens will come back for the last few races and everyone will have a proper party and celebrate the end of his F1 career samba style!

I suppose it's sad that Rubens has been ousted, but he wasn't going to hang up his helmet any other way. He refused to retire, so maybe he has been retired, but I would say there is still a good chance of him being first choice replacement should any of a number of drivers suffer an injury during the season. Most third drivers would not really be thrown into the fray, would they... Buemi at Red Bull, but who else?

I am coming to like the reshuffle in the driver market though. At one stage last year it looked like we could have 2011 v2, but now with Kimi and Romain at Renault, Verge and Ricciardo at Toro Rosso, Hulkenberg at Force India, Senna at Williams and even Pic at Marussia we have some new and interesting matchups to look forward to. Putin Petrov in a Caterham would complete the set.

Just wish they would hurry up and get the season underway :bored:

Back
Top Bottom