The 2012 Season

Barrichello looks set to carry on at Williams:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2012/01/barrichello_back_in_williams_f.html

This most surely mean that Sutil's secured a test drive at a top ten and that Alguersuari is set for HRT.

It says Barrichello is back in contention but it all depends on Williams potential sponsors from the middle east - Gulf who they prefer but his cause has been helped by Patrick Head leaving who was fed up with Rubens moaning

I am not sure keeping Barrichello is sensible given he's much like Webber but at the back of the grid unless he has lots of money to bring in

Williams are in no hurry to make the decision which you'd think is odd given a team going through its worse crisis

They should grab Buemi or Sutil while they can...I hope they don't sign Bruno Senna if the rumours are true, think they should have replaced Petrov with Maldonado, Barrichello for Buemi or Sutil.

I think it's time for Barrichello to call it quits.

Ill be surprised if it does happen considering everybody was pretty much saying Rubens was finished in F1. It would be a shame for Sutil too HRT or a test drive left for him? 2011 was his best season yet, and is a solid points scorer.

It says Barrichello is back in contention but it all depends on Williams potential sponsors from the middle east - Gulf who they prefer but his cause has been helped by Patrick Head leaving who was fed up with Rubens moaning....

On one of the Friday sessions they had Patrick Head with the commentary team. At one point Barichello backed off to make himself some space before doing a flying lap. Head moaned about this, he wanted the drivers going for it all the time as he claimed they got better data from that. So the moaning was two way.

Pitpass are reporting that a decision on Williams' 2012 line-up was made in October and that Barrichello is in line for the seat, especially now that he has secured $5m of sponsorship funding.

http://www.pitpass.com/45453-Barrichello-confident-of-20th-season

And Planet F1 suggest that Williams may have lost title sponsor AT&T, despite no official announcement having been made. Certainly all the AT&T branding has disappeared from the Williams website. Bad news for the team if true.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/7407825/Williams-AT-T-sponsorship-in-doubt

I wonder if Webber has as "good" a year in 2012 as he did in 2011 if he might find Buemi taking his seat for a couple of races. It will be interesting on Friday practice to see if Moose gets a run out occasionally.

I wonder if Webber has as "good" a year in 2012 as he did in 2011 if he might find Buemi taking his seat for a couple of races. It will be interesting on Friday practice to see if Moose gets a run out occasionally.

I'd expect him to get a run later on in the year, especially in wet sessions when setup information is in short supply. It's interesting that Red Bull chose Buemi over Alguersuari for the reserve seat, more so when you remember that Buemi was behind in the standings, perhaps this is an indication of Alguersuari's potential to go to HRT. No doubt we won't find out who's in the 2nd HRT seat until Thursday night in Melbourne...

I can't see them giving Buemi much time in the Red Bull to be honest - seeing as he doubles up as Toro Rosso's reserve driver as well I think he's more likely to be driving one of them and that the reason they've given him that role is two fold. Firstly because they know he can develop a car and are used to working with him so it'll be a great help to them whilst the new boys learn their way around that bit and secondly because they know the Moose is a steady hand so if Ricciardo or JEV utterly and completely bomb they can draft him back in to steady the ship.

Why didn't they chose the Squire? Not sure but my guess would be that Mr Alguersauri would be a lot more vocal and grumpy about being relegated to 3rd driver whilst Seb is a much nicer guy.

They have tried to polish it up as a step up for the lad by saying he's Red Bull reserve driver but I'd be very surprised if he's actually in contention for the Webber seat. If he was why not either give it him or keep him in Toro Rosso.

Still whilst its not ideal for the Moose it does keep him in the pitlane with inside knowledge of F1's leading team which has to open prospects of him landing a drive with a team further down the grid.

No, I mean hasn't the Red Bull reserve always also been the Toro Rosso reserve driver?

Oh right, I read that wrong.

Nah, 2009 Coulthard was Red Bull's reserve doubt he woul have been the Toro Rosso one, the Toro Rosso reserve back then (I am 90% sure) was Alguersuari.

That's the only odd case, otherwise I think you are right.

Coulthard said on the BBC in 09 he was the Red Bull reserve and would race if anything happened to Vettel or webber as try were talking about webber breaking his leg in the winter, nothing about Toro Rosso.

I don't know though :dunno:

That's a very good and interesting question?

I doubt that Webber's performance would improve if he lost Friday practice time. On the other hand, making him angry has been a successful tactic in the past!

Back
Top Bottom