The 2012 Season

Strange to chuck both of the established drivers out for two rookies. Makes no sporting or business sense. Marko and Mateschitz showing their authority? I wonder where BUE and ALG will go? HRT? Williams? GP2? Into obscurity?

Sly won't be pleased.

All change at Toro Rosso.

Buemi and Alguersuari out, Ricciardo and Vergne in.

You cannot be serious... I know you are, but I cannot believe that two guys who will be 22 and 23 at the start of next year, with two full years of training under the belts, will be cast aside just like that. They should never have been given the drives if they were going to be cut loose after doing as well as they have just because someone else comes along. I hope they both find drives and show their worth.

Surely Caterham now have to bin Trulli? What is the point in keeping him on when there are so many other choices, all with experience and youth.

Does look like being Spanish is the first qualification they're looking at so he must have been added to the list after yesterday. After departure from Red Bull though I doubt he has the financial backing of someone coming up from GP2 like Dani Clos so I guess it depends on if they're looking for funds.

It has been suggested that Liuzzi still has a contract with HRT but the more I think about it the more I think it'll be Jan Charouz.

Earlier this week there were rumours that Jules Bianchi might be replacing Kobayashi which Sauber emphatically denied, now there seem to be rumours that Bianchi may be joining Force India as their Friday driver.

Earlier this week there were rumours that Jules Bianchi might be replacing Kobayashi which Sauber emphatically denied, now there seem to be rumours that Bianchi may be joining Force India as their Friday driver.

The Sauber link makes sense although I think him replacing Kobi would be massively wrong. I can't see him being at Force India due to the Ferrari link and Force India being Merc/Mclaren junoir team I'm not sure why they'd accomadate him.

Sauber already have Gutierrez confirmed as their Friday driver and as its the second year running with the team having heavy backing from its Mexican sponsors I'd fully expect him to graduate to the senior team if Perez makes his move to Ferrari.

Maybe Force India are doing deals to get technology from Merc, Ferrari and Mclaren in order to make some sort of super hybrid car.

A bit late to this but i was also pretty surprised that Torro Rosso changed both drivers. Took the lack of rumors as Buemi and Jamie keeping there seats. i have to say ive doubted there talent until this season but they both have grown on me.

I can Buemi becoming third driver at RedBull and then taking over Mark Webber if he retires at the end of the season. Not sure if Alguersuari & HRT is a good idea? but if there's no where else to go then not much of a choice, but is it better long term then a third driver role?

Also Id be pretty pissed off if I was those two as well, If they were told earlier on that they were not going to be driving for the team, they may of had a better chance of finding a drive somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom