The 2011 Season

They really are a reconstituted dogs dinner, they bring the sport into disrepute and exemplify all that was wrong with Max Mosely's vision of F1.

I hope they don't cut too many corners making their car and the wing, as rear wing failures are bad; hopefully we won't see any this year with it being adjustable.

On that note... Overtaking is an art and we have seen how wrong it can go in the hands of the brightest sparks - Turkey Shoot, Spa Shunt etc. Add a Kers button to press and a wing lever to pull and we are on an express train to Shuntsville.

snowy said:
On that note... Overtaking is an art and we have seen how wrong it can go in the hands of the brightest sparks - Turkey Shoot, Spa Shunt etc. Add a Kers button to press and a wing lever to pull and we are on an express train to Shuntsville.

So long as he manages to learn the art of missing his main rivals/team mates and picks on the lower order when in :crazy: spin finger round your ear as you walk away mode, i don't mind.

____

On HRT, we need Prodrive or someone else with the know how and the backing to scoop them up and take their entry. There were so many other outfits that put bids in turned away for HavagoRT

I will be suprised if HRT make it to midseason let alone end of the season. Shame Super Aguri aren't still around, everyones second team pretty much :(

Alright there guys, long time.

I was searching for an article regarding McLarens supposedly planned late start, and was just wondering what you guys think of it?

Has it really been planned, or are they actually running behind? Of do they have some sort of new innovation that they just want to keep under lock and key until the start of the new season?

Hi Major,

Good to hear from you again, I was wondering where you'd got to. In case you're not familiar with my name, I also used to go by the name of sergeantchadders on 606.

Regarding the Mclaren launch, I tend to believe them when they say they had planned this as much as six months ago. The main reason given was to allow the aero designers as much time as possible to carry out their development work, but I'm sure it also keeps any innovations away from the prying eyes of the competition till as late as possible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 360948.stm

I don't think it will necessarily hurt them at all. Who was similarly late launching their car last season?
Yes, Red Bull of course.

I'm a little more sceptical, lets face facts: McLaren are not particularly strapped for cash, facilities or engineers. What possible difference could 5 days of work in the factory make? What possible supremely cleaver gadget could you have on the new car that you couldn't conceal or leave off altogether for the first test? Who do they think they are kidding?

They are running behind schedule, quite likely because they have put all the bits together and found the car is 10 kilos over weight, 25cm too long and as aerodynamic as a box jellyfish.

snowy said:
They are running behind schedule, quite likely because they have put all the bits together and found the car is 10 kilos over weight, 25cm too long and as aerodynamic as a box jellyfish.

LOL

aren't jellyfish hydrodynamic? ;)

Speshal said:
snowy said:

LOL

You mean McLaren will be unbeatable in the wet? :D

McZiderRed said:
Speshal said:
snowy said:

LOL

You mean McLaren will be unbeatable in the wet? :D

It's all just a little bit of history repeating. :thumbsup:

All teams confirmed, all chassis confirmed, just waiting to find out who Karinekeyan's* teammate is - most probably we will find out at the bahrain test, then were all set.

The Ferrari chassis will be called the F150, and Sutil and Di Resta will drive for FI (Hulk as reserve)

*You know who I mean...

Chad Stewarthill said:
Hi Major,

Good to hear from you again, I was wondering where you'd got to. In case you're not familiar with my name, I also used to go by the name of sergeantchadders on 606.

Of course I remember you Chadders :)

Apologies to all you guys for not being here much in the off season, especially you Bro, but been extremely busy.

I guess that everyone is looking at this particular issue differently. I for one hope your right chadders my man :)

Edit: Speaking about 606, what about the news they are shutting down heh? What is our friend Rodger Mellie ever going to do with himself - LOL

Am i the only one who wishes a return to a more mechnical age, forget the adjuast able rear wing, Kers and what-not. I would love to see adjustable brake bias, differnt enigne settings, fuel mixes gone, the whole lot and see the Drivers manage the car more rather then letting electronics do it.

As for they have got if its that much of a probelm then thank god the drivers don't have to plug holes in the cockpit anymore to make the F-Duct work.

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the 2011 car thread or here but here's images of the collapsing wing in action on the F150.

f150_adjustablerearwing_1.jpg

f150_adjustablerearwing_2.jpg

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/01/29/first-look-at-ferraris-adjustable-rear-wing-in-action/

Surely there's a better idea than this (cue DOF_Power)

Could you put this in the car thread too?

Autosport writes

A number of drivers have already voiced concerns that safety could be compromised in 2011 because of the number of controls they are now being required to operate in the cockpit - which can be a distraction while they are trying to race their cars at the limit.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89138

So I wasn't just imagining things them! :shocked:

Whether or not it is/isnt too much for their little fingers, I hate the way drivers will just say whatever they think people want/nead to hear:yawn:.

Last year we had Alonso driving half the course with one hand, and the rest with one finger and unamanously they all said it was fine. Its a good job they don't have a clutch and gear stick because shock horror, they would have to take one hand OFF THE STEERING WHEEL AND THEIR FOOT OFF THE BRAKE. Its a good job these gear thingies never cought on with road cars! :whistle::shocked:

Back
Top Bottom