The 2011 cars

I am very interested to see just what stickers are on 1Malaysia at the first free practice in Bahrain.From the pics I have seen apart from the Lotus team logo on the nose and behind the drivers head I can't see anything else that say Lotus.

I am very interested to see just what stickers are on 1Malaysia at the first free practice in Bahrain.From the pics I have seen apart from the Lotus team logo on the nose and behind the drivers head I can't see anything else that say Lotus.
But other than those stickers, what else do they need?

Its great to see some colour on the Sauber, since in their case, colour means moneeeyyyy!
The side pods on that Sauber look tiny and like Galahad I like the wheel design.

The 1Malaysia Lotus also looks like it's ready to leap up in performance. What's the bets that there will be some serious sand bagging going on between Renault and 1Malaysia during the forthcoming test sessions.

Remember the Lotus at AutoSport? It looked like a Tonka toy. This looks like an actual F1 car! I can believe that is a much much faster car, but the midfield won't have stood still either so lets hope this is a vast enough step to get them in amongst them.

remember the Lotus at AutoSport? It looked like a Tonka toy. This looks like an actual F1 car! I can believe that is a much much faster car, but the midfield won't have stood still either so lets hope this is a vast enough step to get them in amongst them.

Yeah, I have a feeling that 1Malaysia Lotus and Virgin will have designed cars that are perfect for last season.

Yeah, I have a feeling that 1Malaysia Lotus and Virgin will have designed cars that are perfect for last season.
No, I think Toro Rosso will have the perfect car for last season...
wink.gif

It does look fast and very purposeful.But they are not using KERS next season.At least not to start with.The other midfield teams are.With the Renault engine and Red Bull gearbox theyr'e reliability issues should be solved.​
Williams, Sauber, Lotus Renault are all using KERS.Comparisons benefit wise in comparing the stats don't really apply next season.​
The minimum weight has increased by 20kg and they now have to start with a full fuel load.The balance has been mandated in regulations which removes another disadvantage that KERS imposed in 2009.​
In the early race stages and especially the start the KERS will be a great advantage.​

Anyone think the Team Lotus car is the best looking. Renault's is horrible and Ferrari's just looks the same. Can't wait to see the new Mclaren. It is interesting to see the difference in shapes of the cars at these early stages before everyone goes into copy the fastest mode, or last season - copy Red Bull mode.

Next up is the Renault R34.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/01/31/renault-r31-launch-first-pictures/renaultr31_2011/

renaultr31_2011.jpg

Anyone think the Team Lotus car is the best looking. Renault's is horrible and Ferrari's just looks the same. Can't wait to see the new Mclaren. It is interesting to see the difference in shapes of the cars at these early stages before everyone goes into copy the fastest mode, or last season - copy Red Bull mode.

I looked at a comparision between the 2010 ferrari and the 2011 car, and i take back what i said, when put side by side the two cars really look differnent

Looks like Renault have revised the paint job again since the Autosport show. The gold as displayed in Birmingham was a milky colour where as the Gold on this car appears much more metalic. It would look so much better with out the large red end plates as well.

A colleague of mine at the office reckons that the Lotus Renault (I think!) has an EBVF (exhaust-blown front wing)!!*!?!?

Can this be true? I haven't seen any reference to such a thing in the launch info on any of the usual F1 sites or forums, including this one (which is normally pretty quick to spot and flag up things like that).

Heat management and reduced flow must be just the start of the hurdles, but if they have managed to get exhaust air under the car, they will be heading into the realms of minor ground effect...

I would imagine that channelling the exhaust into an area under the front of the side pods would free up a lot of space to the rear of the car and allow for a great space to channel air to the rear diffuser but as Grizz has said, heat management is going to be the big issue here surely?

Back
Top Bottom