The 2010 season

Just thought I'd add, for someone who is generally regarded as being hard on tyres, Lewis Hamilton has the joint most fastest laps this season with Fernando Alonso at 5 each.

I think we can put the "Lewis is hard on tyres" myth to bed now, can't we?

:o What a season - 9.5 :goodday: out of 10 from me (starts the 119 day countdown timer!!!)

All in all a worthy champion IMHO, fastest driver in fastest car.

I agree the right man won, but its a shame he didn't do it 2-3 races ago as his raw pace and quali performance should have allowed....

Huge credit to McLaren and both drivers for keeping at least one driver in with a shot to the end, with what was in many cases during the year, a third rate car.

Looks like someone messed up originally.

"* Alonso and Hamilton both set five fastest laps. Alonso takes the Award by virtue of setting more second-fastest laps."

Wow! what a tun up for the books yesterdays race was! :o

Somehow id thought tbh, the final twist in this seasons tale would actually be that there was none. That Alonso would control and win the race without much fanfare during the race. And Redbull and Hamilton would struggle to make an impresson not falling away from Alonso but never really being able to challenge either.

Man! Alonso must be gutted, Was suprised when Alonso was brought in for his pitstop. It seemed at the time that Ferrari were concentraiting more on Alonso beating Webber rather then making sure they were in the top 3/4, but i suppose they never thought they become a cropper to Petrov, who had a great weekend.

Ah Well who would of thought it ferrari shooting themsleves in the foot eh? its not like they haven't done it before now is it? :snigger:

Congrats to Vettel.

For those who are interested, these are the points under last year's system:

104	Sebastian Vettel
101 Fernando Alonso
100 Lewis Hamilton
97 Mark Webber
87 Jenson Button
57 Felipe Massa
55 Nico Rosberg
52 Robert Kubica
25 Michael Schumacher
15 Rubens Barrichello
15 Adrian Sutil
9 Kamui Kobayashi
9 Vitaly Petrov
6 Nico HĂĽlkenberg
5 Vitantonio Liuzzi
2 Pedro de la Rosa
1 SĂ©bastien Buemi
1 Nick Heidfeld
0 Jaime Alguersuari

Just setting up a counter for the first GP in 2011, what time did the race start this year in Bahrain, was it early in the morning?

ATL11 said:
Just setting up a counter for the first GP in 2011, what time did the race start this year in Bahrain, was it early in the morning?
The times, dates and a countdown timer are all on the home page.
The times are just an estimate though as they haven't been confirmed.

Brogan said:
ATL11 said:
The times, dates and a countdown timer are all on the home page.
The times are just an estimate though as they haven't been confirmed.

Cheers going for a 11am start here in the UK on the 13th March, the counter gives me 116 days, 21 hours, 15 minutes and 15 seconds, no change that 116 days, 21 hours, 15 minutes and 12 seconds, no change that 116 days, 21 hours, 15 minutes and 9 seconds... you get the drift

There still seems to be some confusion as to what happened in Turkey...

James Allen writes:
Webber pushed Vettel harder this season than either of them or the management, imagined he would. Vettel was unlucky not to have 75 points on the board after three races due to reliability issues and Webber capitalised on his frustration winning Spain and Monaco. Vettel needed to bounce back and in Turkey went for a pass on his team mate for the lead, which led to them colliding as Webber didn’t give him room and Vettel lost control of the car.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/

Oh yeah... of course that's what happened. :thinking: There's me thinking it was all Sebastian's fault, I'm a numpty! :crazy:

allenjobcentre.jpg

I heard there are opportunities for commentating on the Scottish curling junior club, hopefully he'll apply while he's in there.

Back
Top Bottom