Thats Me Booked. Silverstone 2012.

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Tickets for Silverstone 2012 are booked. YeeHa.
Me my dad and my pal going down this year.:popcorn: :cheers:

Club Corner Platinum Seats with a nice view down the pits :yesss: , view of the podium :1st: , view of the start :o and view of the best overtaking spot through vale into club :cheer: . Its even got a roof over the grandstand. An essential after getting soaked last year.:thumbsup:

Let the count down begin. Just 255 days to go.

Anyone else booked up yet ? :dunno:

Screen Shot 2011-10-27 at 09.26.35.png

Screen Shot 2011-10-27 at 09.26.44.png

£315 for the 3 day weekend ticket and £60 for 3 day family camping..... each.

Tad pricey I know but it was worth every penny last year and we all decided we wanted more.... but with a roof. LOL
The way I look at it is your paying so far in advance that by the time it comes around it feels like its free.

I can't wait.

Good for you, I hope it'll be a memorable event. I'd love to go to a GP next season but it's virtually impossible for me to justify that sort of money.

I wanted to sit in just that place next year too but my Dad is such an impatient man he just couldn't wait until they were released and bought some Becketts Platinum instead at the same cost as yours...so Becketts again next year it is!

But hey, who am I to complain? The view is great and you get to see right up the Wellington straight too!

Nice one! I use to sit at that corner every year when it was just club corner with grass banking just on a general admission ticket. Great spot! :thumbsup:

Now with it overlooking the start its even better but just way too pricey these days, I cant believe how the camping prices have shot up too!!! :o I’m going on a two week holiday in the Canaries next month that cost us under £350 each for the two of us which includes flights, accommodation and transport to the apartment.

The smell of BBQ’s always reminds me of the days camped at Silverstone, great days.

Tell me about it, in General admission at Becketts - (great view, but like a concentration camp) and got absolutely SOAKED!
I wish I could go, but I probably won't be able to.:(

We were at Stowe last year in an open grandstand. Got fairly moist to say the least, but I think Becketts had the worst of the monsoon before the race.

We were at Stowe last year in an open grandstand. Got fairly moist to say the least, but I think Becketts had the worst of the monsoon before the race.
The thing is, it wasn't gradual, it was a sudden cloudburst. But it certainly spiced up the race, and we saw Perez spin in the formation lap!

Im booked:D. I usually go in Beckets(platinum) which is great now because you can see across to the new part of the track, the new loop, so you see the cars twice. This year Im in village A (gold) this overlooks the new loop where there's often overtaking, you see the cars go up Wellington and can also see across to Beckets. We're at the top of the grandstand this time. Tickets there are normally £285 for 3 days; I got early bird discount and got them for £228. Thats a whoping 60 quid discount..nearly.Cant wait! cant wait! Cant wait!

Green lantern 101-yes we got the monsoon at Beckets!But it was ok, we were out of the grandstand huddled under a big brolly watching the red arrows

Im booked:D.

Good for you. Nice to see I'm not the only CTA member who will be there. We sat in Beckets grand stand last year for qually. Bloody freezing wind blowing through the grand stand :snigger: so much for the summer weather. It is a good spot you see loads of the track. Probably sit there again next year for qually as well.

Don't think we stopped off at Village grandstand last year. Will you see the first corner from the start from there ?

Good for you. Nice to see I'm not the only CTA member who will be there. We sat in Beckets grand stand last year for qually. Bloody freezing wind blowing through the grand stand :snigger: so much for the summer weather. It is a good spot you see loads of the track. Probably sit there again next year for qually as well.

Don't think we stopped off at Village grandstand last year. Will you see the first corner from the start from there ?

LOLYes Becketts is freezing, but great view. I dont think we'll see the first corner/curves,Abbey and Farm curve;but we'll see them coming out of that round village corner , the loop and off up Wellington. Then we'll see Becketts. I usually like to sit near the front but this time I think we'll see more at the top of the granstand. Its open. So great for sunbathing, less good for rain.I have a big Darth Vadar cape for that eventuality:D
Last year we watched quali from the new international pit straight, just to see what it was like. Very disapointing. Wouldnt buy tickets for there. Only good bit was watching David, Eddie and co doing their bit. Might go back to Becketts for quali, dont know, our campsite is that side. Like the idea of being a bit more in the middle for race day-near the party place.

I'm going to the Silverstone 2012 (my first GP) with some mates, I'm getting a 3 day general admission ticket which is £155. However the bit that I'm unsure of is the camping, it says £60. Is that £60 per tent or £60 per person? And if it is the latter then that is daylight robbery...

Good to see your going NFP. Its going to be sunny this year...honest.

As for the camping question it is per person but covers you for the whole weekend. Thursday night through to sunday night (£15 per night)

There are decent shower blocks now as well as a shop or 2 and large entertainment tent with live music and movies shown most nights. The only issue we had last year was in the family camping area it was a bloody long walk to the toilets and shower block.

Oh yes and take your wellies. I was only joking about the sunshine.

Booked our tickets a while back - Becketts platinum this time instead of general admission. We got a little wet last time sitting on the bank at the end of Becketts but not as wet as we could have been since my dad insisted on lugging a ground sheet around for cover, which was 'deployed' (thrown over us) as soon as a drop of rain appeared.

Also bought a proper camera this year so I'll get some better pictures. Not having to shoot through a mesh fence should help too :)

We sat in the Becketts grandstand last year for Qually. Great view, you see so much track is almost hard to know where to look next. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom