Thats Me Booked. Silverstone 2012.

I hope all who are going have a great time. I also hope that the unpredictability of the British weather continues, to mean despite the 70% chance of rain, that it actually stays dry. That way I may be able to cycle up on Friday!!

Well they said it would be sunny last Sunday and it rained so I'm turning up with a rucksack full of all eventualities :)

Up at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Already had some bad news regarding a flood in the hotel I have booked for Saturday. My room is now unavailable. Typical. Looks like water is already doing its best to **** this weekend up for me :-/

We're there now, tent is up in the exciting world of zone C. Was sitting in the sun (!) for a while. Not muddy around the tent yet.

So if anyone wants to meet up I'm in the green tent in zone C.:snigger:

I must say; rain, mud and Code Red warnings or whatever, I'm really missing being there (couldn't afford it this year).:disappointed:

Me & my brother would ordinarily by now have got the tent set up, 12m flagpole raised, Flag of St George hoisted & we'd be setting off on a stroll round the camp site with can of Kronenburg in hand.
Roll on 2013 (if I can save enough pennies)! For now, to all who are there, have a great time; I'm with you in spirit.:cheers:

Any weather updates?
I don't know how many changes of walking boots/wellies I'm going to need.
Silverstone have advised us to pack a picnic in the car to have while we queue for the 'car park', doesn't bode well!
If it weren't for the fact we've bought the tickets & the atmosphere is usually so fabulous I'd stay at home.
I'm not over optimistic we'll even see any F1 cars if the weather bods are right - if we're lucky we'll bump into some fellow CTA members and put the F1 world to rights.
Methinks a swimsuit may be the most appropriate attire tomorrow...

Sunny pretty much all day today here, weather forecast says rain tomorrow, but it said that today.

Thanks Chreden, I'll still pack my brolly!
Lets hope the rain detours elsewhere & it's as hot as 2010 (wishful thinking!), I'm still grateful we're lucky enough to be there.
Enjoy the weekend :)

I have returned. Wasn't too bad getting out of the campsite, once we managed to turn around. Will post a fuller report soon, along with some selected pictures from the 1000 odd that were taken (I took a rapid fire approach to taking pictures, looks like some actually turned out OK).

Back
Top Bottom