Thats Me Booked. Silverstone 2012.

Seats are overpriced!

Anyone know where I can get good seats for a decent price for future reference?

Last year I got the Luffield B ones with the grandstand for my girlfriend, and that was £270 just for the race!

Book 3 day tickets when the ealy bird offer is still on. I was torn this year between Beckets and Village. Went for village because the early birds at Becketts had sold out and I'd never tried village. It was about £220 i think for the three days...about 60 quid a ticket reduction.

I was lucky enough to get in for free last year (the trick is to be friends with someone who works at Silverstone) but I won't be able to go this year:(. Ah well, on the BBC it is!

Ooh. Might look at tickets for the same spot. We very nearly bought Monaco tickets with Sunday viewing from a boat but the provisionally available package became non-provisionally unavailable.

Yep. It would have been about £3500 including flights and hotel. An extra £600 for helicopter transfer to the race on Sunday.

I'm not a rich man, but I'm single with no kids and have a well paid job. It's one of those "once in a lifetime" things. I won't be able to do it when I'm dead, and so whilst I've no major financial commitments...

I met a couple of guys in Spa last year who had already been to 3 races that year - all flying business class from North America and with nothing other than fan interest.

"What a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife"

Wish I could go to a race...going abroad is out of the question and silverstone is a bit too expensive. :disappointed:

Can you imagine? They were CEO and president of a software firm in New York. Clearly a successful one.

Well, it looks like Monaco is off the menu this year, anyway. I'll probably go to Silverstone. You would be surprised at how relatively cheaply you can do some of the European races. I say relatively.

Spa general admission is very good. It's cheap and there are so many places you can find a good spot due to the elevation and the length of the circuit. I walked the circuit last year during the final GP2 race and was, at times, jealous of those who weren't in the Grandstands. I bumped into a pal over there after the race and, despite having paid a 10th of what we had, his smile was just as wide.

Someone at work went to Spa last year, he got an organised coach trip and stand tickets, his entire trip cot him less than the price of a stand ticket for the weekend to Silverstone. Spa is one of the best foreign races due to being able to drive to the location in about a day. When you go over that it starts to get expensive as you hav to either book stop overs or fly.

Yeah, Spa general admission is the best general admission on the calendar, there are some amazing spots around the circuit because of the hills and slopes, for the price it's a bargain!

Getting exxiiiiittteeeeddd :twisted:
Is it to early to start packing ?

Screen Shot 2012-05-16 at 14.15.12.png

I'm in farm curve - 3 day tickets. I was overseas last year but year before I was in Stowe and year before that pit straight.
It is expensive but I have such an amazing weekend and although people moan about the facilities I think they put on a fantastic show. Lots of racing, air displays, euro fighter, driver and pundit talks and the GP after party... Love it!

Back
Top Bottom