Sutil involved in a bar fight after the Chinese GP.

I saw this on Pitpass last night as well.

I'm not sure which story is more ludicrous.

The one in which Sutil breaks a champagne flute and then slices someones neck.

Or the one in which Adrian accidentally cuts somebody open with the broken glass he happened to be carrying.

Either way, I don't anything will come from this at all. If he got out of China without reprisal from their authorities, I'd say he's in the clear.

A very odd story and one which clearly has several different versions floating about.

As none of the injured parties are pressing charges then I can only assume it has all been resolved.

Apparently Eric Lux has filed criminal charges against Sutil.

“In the view of the recent events which occurred in Shanghai on 17 April, Mr Eric Lux has decided to file a criminal complaint against Mr Adrian Sutil for physical assault and grievous bodily harm. As soon as the complaint is registered, the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and the team Force India will be notified."

“Furthermore, please note that Mr Eric Lux does not exclude commencing an action against any other persons involved in this matter."
The last sentence suggests someone else was involved and as far as I am aware, Sutil was with Hamilton when the incident occurred.

Could this mean Sutil being suspended while the case is ongoing?

Apparently Eric Lux has filed criminal charges against Sutil.

“In the view of the recent events which occurred in Shanghai on 17 April, Mr Eric Lux has decided to file a criminal complaint against Mr Adrian Sutil for physical assault and grievous bodily harm. As soon as the complaint is registered, the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and the team Force India will be notified."

“Furthermore, please note that Mr Eric Lux does not exclude commencing an action against any other persons involved in this matter."
The last sentence suggests someone else was involved and as far as I am aware, Sutil was with Hamilton when the incident occurred.

Could this mean Sutil being suspended while the case is ongoing?

Indeed he was. Apparently Hamilton was 'ushered' out by his bodyguards. This is all very cloak and dagger. I'm guessing we'll never know what actually happened for a VERY long time. At least until a verdict is delivered or the charges dropped. Grevious bodily harm is a VERY serious offence in any country. It's just below GBH with 'intent' and attempted murder. :spank:

Guess he has to be found guilty by someone of something first
Not necessarily.

A lot of companies suspend employees over stuff like this so it could be Force India who sideline him while it's all going on.

I find the whole thing a bit odd though.
It was reported late and even then all parties had apparently reached agreement and nothing more was to be made of it.
Now suddenly there are serious charges being filed.

Odd.

Yes very odd

The teams must have known since China and didn't act against Sutil

There must be a financial motive to suddenly escalate this

Maybe Lux saw the advert for 'we are lawyers for you'

Doesn't bode well for any of the parties concerned going back to China next year - the authorities there seem to take a dim view of third parties deciding the toss on events in their country

That "last line" does sound like a very thinly veiled threat, doesn't it? What's Lux up to? Gearing up to nobble one of a top teams' drivers?

Maybe the time lag can be explained by the need to sober up. Naturally, I mean that in the sense of calming down and gathering ones thoughts after what must have been quite a traumatic event.

One thing I would say, is be careful what you post.
You never know who's reading (without giving anything away, there are F1 team members, journalists and presenters registered on the site) or what the repercussions could be.

So while it may be fine to speculate on the case itself, getting into specifics or making accusations is probably best avoided.

And Alonso and Rosberg who were also there

Fantastic, plenty of idle speculation there, I think!

If Alonso, Hamilton and Rosberg were all unable to compete the F1 community's reaction would be difficult to gage:

CTA.jpg
But it might look something like this...

Remember Bertrand Gachot's arrest though... if only there was some young German Wili Weber-managed driver on the books of Force India to step in...

This is all, of course, idle speculation because I've little more interesting to do. I don't know what has happened, and I'm sure no-one else does who wasn't in that bar!

Back
Top Bottom