Squeezegate

Is Schumacher's 10 place grid drop an appropriate penalty?

• Too harsh, F1 is for big boys after all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As a slight defence of Senna at Suzuka, he'd been telling Prost and any media that would listen that he was going to be first into turn one no matter what, so Alain had to have some idea of what he was going to do. Plus there's a run off area at Suzuka, not a brick wall and a pitlane full of mechanics.

I'm not saying that this makes it ok, clearly it doesn't, but it does make these two situations different and therefore not wholly comparable.

Bullfrog said:
As a slight defence of Senna at Suzuka, he'd been telling Prost and any media that would listen that he was going to be first into turn one no matter what
Indeed.

All because Jean Marie Balestre refused to switch P1 back to the clean side of the grid.

Schumacher says:
"Yesterday, right after the race I was still in the heat of the action, but after I watched the incident with Rubens again, I must say that the stewards were right with their assessment: the move against him was too hard," Schumacher wrote on his website.

"I wanted to make it hard for him to pass me. I clearly showed him that I didn't want to let him pass but... I wasn't seeking to endanger him with my move. If he feels I was then I'm sorry, this wasn't my intention."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85828

James Allen says:

Schumacher says the hardest word
Schumacher has rarely said sorry in the past. It is not in his character to accept pressure from other people, particularly the media, to apologise.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/

Now correct me if I am wrong? But saying; "If he feels I was then I'm sorry, this wasn't my intention." Isn't actually the same as saying: "I am sorry I tried to put you in the wall."

I respect that he has changed his position on this manoeuvre and is showing remorse but he hasn't actually said he is sorry unless it is somehow getting lost in translation... :unsure:

snowy said:
Now correct me if I am wrong? But saying; "If he feels I was then I'm sorry, this wasn't my intention." Isn't actually the same as saying: "I am sorry I tried to put you in the wall."

I respect that he has changed his position on this manoeuvre and is showing remorse but he hasn't actually said he is sorry unless it is somehow getting lost in translation...

Quite right. What Schumacher was actually saying was something like, "My intention wasn't to endanger Rubens. So, if he feels that my intention was to endanger him, I am sorry that I gave him that impression." :givemestrength:

To me what Schu is saying is "Rubens, I'm sorry you are a whining crying baby and I'm sorry I made you wet yourself by a manouver that would not have bothered a man." I really don't see it as an apology but rather as a further insult to Rubens.

I think that Schumacher was a brilliant driver and I'm aware that he contributes a great deal of money to charity but I think that as a person he is a miserable piece of work.

If I had pulled such a move in the series that I raced in, not only would I be blag flagged, but I would have had the living crap beaten out of me by the driver I tried it on, and he would be assisted by every other driver in series.

Amazed by the front on video feed, where @ the end of the move Schuey is actually on the white line and the edge of the circuit. He literally pushed Ruben's right off the track irrespective of the solid concrete wall of death he was trying to put him in.

Just any on other part of this or other tracks that would be Black Flagged would it not? :goodday:

The votes over now, but I think the penalty should have been slightly harsher. i.e. a race ban think.
If the stewards would have had the time to black flag him in the race, then a 10 place drop for Monza would have been sufficient

Thanks Brogan :D

After being in deepest darkest Wales for a week, with no internet or even mobile signal I feel like I've been a tad out of touch. Its actually quite a daunting task reading all the posts over the last week. Thats some traffic!!! :D

Oh and voted! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom