So you thought Mark Webber had wings!

slickskid

Points Scorer
Supporter
If you thought Mark Webber was fortunate at the weekend riding up and over the back of Kovi, take a look at Jordan Williams crash in the second Formula Palmer Audi race at Snetterton and then tell me who was the luckier of the two!
Note the distance from impact to final resting let alone where he finished up.

Nice to see the guy walk away. Maybe we should send a copy of this video to David Couthard esq. c/o the BBC, London as I assume the top speed of cars in a spec series such as Palmer Audi should be about the same...

I was just reading about that crash in Autosport. Scary stuff, nearly ended up on the vehicle access bridge.

He was using his boost button, the guy in front wasn't. Given the repair bill, it's unclear whether Jordon will financially be able to return to the championship this season now - I'm gutted for him.

Thanks for fleshing it out a bit G.
It makes sense now how he was closing so quickly but even so he should have moved out sooner for the pass.

What a shame if the team is unable to continue. Just goes to show how much of a (relative) shoestring budget some of these teams operate on.

Brogan said:
What a shame if the team is unable to continue. Just goes to show how much of a (relative) shoestring budget some of these teams operate on.

As I understand it, FPA (like F2) is centrally-run and serviced, so there aren't any teams as such. All the chassis are owned and mechanics employed by MotorSportVision (Jonathan Palmer's company) and are allocated randomly among the different drivers, who pay a fixed sum to drive in the championship for that season. Evidently spare parts are charged separately - which means he or his parents/sponsors have to cough up or drop out.

Very lucky, not only to not end up face planting the barrier, but you can actually see open air towards the bottom right of the monocoque as he get out. Scary!

Sad to hear that they may not be unable to race again this season, although he could have given himself slightly more room, it seems an unlucky event to me

Back
Top Bottom