Sky vs BBC F1 Coverage

I've only just realised, but I think I'm right in saying that Sky don't upload the full race programmes online to Sky Go (iPlayer equivalent), just extended highlights?

Occasionally I can't watch the races live and then I do my best not to find out what the result is and watch it online later. Guess I won't be able to do that if it happens at a race the BBC aren't showing.

Yes, but when I'm away from home (e.g. uni), which is often, I won't have a Sky TV to watch it on, I'll be relying on the online service. I guess it's not so bad but the BBC have always done it...

Yes that's true I suppose, though I can't pick when I want to start watching it, which is the moment I get home after miraculously managing not to find out the result during the day.

Watching both coverages for Spa, I noticed a big difference between the commentators and the pitlane reporters. The Sky commentators straightaway knew that Maldonado jumped the start, the BBC commentators thought it was fine, then touch and go. The BBC commentators missed out on a lot of stuff, such as who's overtaking who and who is in what position and why.

Ted gave informative information, while Gary Anderson not so much.

It'll be on the tinterweb somewhere.
I think that Eddie Jordan will be looking eater pleased with himself for the rest of the season....

There'll be no point - Coulthard's the main part of the BBC coverage, but on Sky he'll just be another pundit behind Brundle, Herbert et al.

Back
Top Bottom