Rugby Six Nations 2012

Johnny Carwash

World Champion
Contributor
Local hostilities are about to resume again as the Six Nations is about to start. Will anyone win a Grand Slam this year? Who are most likely to win the Wooden Spoon. Will there be any upsets this year. Will it be an entertaining tournament or will it just be about the winning that counts. Here are a few of my thoughts

France: After getting to the final of the Rugby World Cup will they be able to carry that form into this years Six Nations.

Ireland: Will they be able to carry on with the momentum that the Irish Provinces have had in getting 3 teams into the Heineken Cup quarter finals.

England: Will it be what they do on the pitch this time, and not what they do off the pitch that will create the headlines in the Six Nations unlike in the Rugby World Cup.

Wales: Can they mount a serious challenge this year and finish higher than 4th which they have done for the past 3 years, or was finishing 4th in last years World cup just a flash in the pan.

Scotland: Can they finally claim some big scalps this year, or will they be as they have done over recent years and avoid the Wooden Spoon by only beating Italy

Italy: After only joining the championships in 2000 can they finally make the next step forward for them and win there first away game in the Championship, and can they finish above 6th place this year.

Let battle commence.

Come on England!
But my predictions are (from 1st to 6th):
Wales
France
England
Ireland
Italy
Scotland

Am I correct in thinking we are missing big names this year due to retirements.

Shane Williams
Chris Patterson
Jonny Wilkinson

and

Brian O'Driscal out all matches with a shoulder injury. Oh dear.

My Prediction

France (If they play as well as they did the in world cup may even take the slam)
England (Good but not as good as France. Will miss Jonny.)
Wales (Best of the rest but only if on their 'A' game)
Scotland (I think they will take Ireland by a whisker if Parks is on form)
Ireland (8 players in there 30's. And no Brian O'Driscal. On the slide since 2009)
Italy (They have 2 great players. 2 Isn't enough)

Italy, by the way, will be playing their home fixtures in the Stadio Olimpico this year. Meaning we have now one of the world's finest collections of 6 stadia.

And in order of magnificence they are:
Y Stadiwm Mileniwm
Stade De France
Aviva Stadium
Twickenham
Stadio Olimpico
Murrayfield

And in order of magnificence they are:
Y Stadiwm Mileniwm
Stade De France
Aviva Stadium
Twickenham
Stadio Olimpico
Murrayfield
Twickenham - the home of rugby
Stade de France
Millennium Stadium
Stadio Olimpico
Aviva Stadium
Murrayfield

After watching the Scotland England game just now, i have to say that the tournament needs to introduce try bonus point's to make the matches more entertaining.

After watching the Scotland England game just now, i have to say that the tournament needs to introduce try bonus point's to make the matches more entertaining.

Scotland wouldn't have scored four tries in that match if you'd given them any incentive; we allowed them the opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom