Silverstone - Driver of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bushi.......Alonso was in 4th when he pitted then rejoined in 8th. All the other drivers that pitted under the caution were able to rejoin without loosing their place. Alonso was unlucky simply because the caution came out seconds after he had entered the pits. You ask how he was hindered. All the cars running between him and fourth place he had already passed when he was on old rubber, now he had to do it all again to get through to third. Yes, new rubber helped but he still had to pass the same drivers a second time and only had seven laps to achieve it.

I know what, let's just call it a draw. My equal drivers of the day (in alphabetical order for complete impartiality):

Alonso (helped by retirement / tyre failures for drivers ahead of him, hindered a little by safety car)
Hamilton (hindered by tyre failure, helped by safety car)
Massa (hindered by tyre failure, helped by safety car)

Runner up:
Webber (hindered by his own poor start, then clip from Grosjean, helped by safety car & retirement / problems for cars ahead)

For me it's a Hamilton Massa tie.
Hamilton was controlling the race nicely from the front and unlike the others had no warning the tyre was going to explode (subsequently drivers told to avoid kerbs & no doubt teams took more notice of tyre stats, Seb & Nico both brought in for suspect tyres). A class drive back through the field to entertain the crowds and get good points. Okay the safety car helped but it seemed to help more drivers than hinder.

Massa had a storming start and was doing really well until his tyre exploded but he doggedly fought back to a decent place.
I would have included Webber but his lowly position after the first lap was due to a poor start not something out of his control.

If we were giving bad luck of the day it would have to be a tie between Vettel and Perez.
Avoiding the flack trophy to Kimi and Fernando...

I give it to Vettel for the sheer joy he generated by breaking down - he turned what was looking like a stultifyingly-predictable result into a 9-lap dogfight. I'm pretty sure that the Silverstone crowd would echo me here...

I am giving it to Nico Rosberg ... didn't gain or lose anything through both safety cars ... and held his nerve when he was being hunted down in the final few laps ... Britney from a few years back might have bottled it, run wide and given away a victory ... but not this years model ...

Runner up's include Alonso, Hamilton, Massa, Di Resta, Webber ...

Shout out to Ricciardo ... who was blasting past Renault's and Force India's all day ... and got swamped a little during the shoot out at the end to finish 8th ... was solid all day ...

I am now posting this in my capacity as administrator of the site.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Anyone found doing so in future will receive a warning and possible account limitations.

Those people who respond to such attacks may also receive similar treatment.

If you see a post which breaches the rules, REPORT IT, DO NOT RESPOND TO IT!
Moderators cannot be on here every minute of every day.

The original post and all subsequent ones have been deleted.

I am also getting sick and tired of people questioning how the forum is run or moderating decisions.
This is also against the rules.

Take them up privately with a moderator responsible for the section or FB.

I suggest everyone refreshes their memories as going forward warnings WILL be handed out.

http://cliptheapex.com/help/rules-and-guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom