Silly Season Name Changes

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
So, the Formula 1 commission have approved a raft of name changes....

Lotus Renault Renault (Owned by Genii and Lotus cars) have been renamed Lotus...

Team Lotus Renault (Owned by Tony Fernandes) have been renamed Caterham (Also owned by Tony Fernandes) - albeit renaming a Team Lotus car to what was originally a Lotus Cars production...

Virgin Marussia have been renamed Marussia...

Oh to have a little more clarity in F1!!! :)

Well at least we won't get confused now by what to call each team i suppose (meaning Lotus and Lotus Renault).

Actually like the new renaming of Virgin to Marussia, i think Marussia sounds more like a team name than Virgin.

So for next year the team name changes are as follows..

Renault Lotus will be called Lotus.
Team Lotus will be called Caterham
and Virgin Racing will be called Marussia.

All things considered a change for the better in my opinion. Great to see the Caterham name in such prominence. One of the last British owned car manufacturers.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95874

So Renault Lotus will become Lotus-Renault and Lotus will become Caterham-Renault.
Clear as dayLOL I wonder if Lotus (former Renault) will keep the black and gold colour scheme or if they'll change to the green and yellow of the old, old (real) Lotus?

Is that official now? I thought it was just speculation.

I'm not sure! Thats why I asked! They're def moving to facilities in Abu Dhabi so I don't think they'll be classed as an Italian team any more which makes the name Toro Rosso a bit silly. Whats Arabic for Red Bull?

Formula 1 chiefs have approved the name change requests that were put forward at yesterday's F1 Commission meeting in Geneva.
The changes still need to go through the FIA's World Motor Sport Council before becoming official, but this is believed to be a formality - especially because FIA president Jean Todt is a member of the F1 Commission.

No mention of Toro Rosso becoming Team UAE?
Is that official now? I thought it was just speculation.
I'm not sure! Thats why I asked! They're def moving to facilities in Abu Dhabi so I don't think they'll be classed as an Italian team any more which makes the name Toro Rosso a bit silly. Whats Arabic for Red Bull?

The Deal with Torro Rosso and Cepsa is just a sponsorship deal for now. Rumors/Talk was that it will lead to Cepsa eventually buying out Torro Rosso who still apparently havea for Sale sign on there front lawn.

There has been nothing about anything more happening though. So Mr RedBull still owns the team. Cepsa are/were a Spanish Oil company whos major stakeholder comes from Abu Dhabi. There still based in spain. Might be good for Jamie Algursuari then if something did happen. But thats for another thread.

Doing a quick Google search this is quite intresing from James Allen.
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/09/abu-dhabi-money-at-toro-rosso-makes-sale-less-likely/

Oh and dunno where you got anything about Torro Rosso moving to Abu Dhabi from, ive missed that if its true.

The move to Yas Marina has been mentioned on here before and in my head I thought it was a done deal - however when I went to google it to look for a link all I found was this http://www.crash.net/f1/news/172917/1/toro_rosso_denies_buy-out_rumours.html

I'm in 2 minds about this. I have to say I don't really like Red Bull owning 2 teams. They're never going to build their second team up to compete with themselves and it feels like a waste of grid slots so I would prefer a buy out by someone who can at least dream of the top and try to get there so in someways I'm dissapointed they're not going to become Team UAE

On the other hand though it is a team with a great history as basically its the Minardi team so if it had moved away from its current location it would have been the end of all that history and I would have been sad for that.

I think my ideal solution would be for the team to be bought back by European Minardi and become Minardi again. Can't see that happening though as I doubt Mr Stoddart would have sold the team if he could afford to run it. Maybe he should buy a ticket for the Euro Millions tonight.

The thing I need to know is that, Will Toleman who became Benetton, who then became Renault (which somehow became a continuation of the Renault team that was running at the same time as the Toleman team that became Benetton that became Renault) which then bacame Lotus Renault, buy the Team Lotus name from Lotus Racing that became Team Lotus after legally purchasing the team name from the rights holder and should have therefore been considered to be the legitimate Team Lotus and if that purchase did take place bringing the Team Lotus name back under the banner of Group Lotus, will that then mean that Toleman who became Benetton who became Renault who became Lotus Renault now becoming Team Lotus and therefore the legitimate continuation of the team that folded in 1994

:dizzy:

The thing I need to know is that, Will Toleman who became Benetton, who then became Renault (which somehow became a continuation of the Renault team that was running at the same time as the Toleman team that became Benetton that became Renault) which then bacame Lotus Renault, buy the Team Lotus name from Lotus Racing that became Team Lotus after legally purchasing the team name from the rights holder and should have therefore been considered to be the legitimate Team Lotus and if that purchase did take place bringing the Team Lotus name back under the banner of Group Lotus, will that then mean that Toleman who became Benetton who became Renault who became Lotus Renault now becoming Team Lotus and therefore the legitimate continuation of the team that folded in 1994

:dizzy:
No

Back
Top Bottom