Poll Should Verstappen have got a penalty?

Should Verstappen have got a penalty for his move on LeClerc in Austria?

• Total voters
He kept the position after leaving the track, rejoining it and crowding another driver to prevent them passing him.

Either he wasn't in control and it was dangerous = penalty

Or it was deliberate = penalty.

At the end of the day he's a silly boy who made a mistake under pressure and got punished for it.

What was it Andre Lotterer said in Formula E a few races ago? "Rubbing is racing" - and he had just lost a race when Mitch Evans pulled a similar move to Verstappen on him for the lead.

Verstappen is prepared to bang wheels to get past much like Schumacher. Its the Senna mentality - go for a gap when you see it.

If Hamilton had done this would people be reacting the same. Ferrari are upset about this one thinking they are being conspired against.

LeClerc will know next time not to be see charitable

From what I hear LeClerc and Verstappen have history going as far back as Karting with one incident where LeClerc claimed Verstappen pushed him off the track and Max said it was just a racing incident.

If you add this last year's Ocon/Verstappen F3 re-run it appears Max is stuck in some sort of time loop. Very fun to watch!

I would say Leclerc is the one who's stuck at the moment – Verstappen is moving along quite freely from what I can see.

I didn't mean it in a negative way at all. Just Max keeps putting in the performances and mixing it up with same people he has been mixing it up with throughout his career. Is a sign of a great driver who has been pushed to more greatness by the fact he has had such talent around him to beat.

Based on history just in this decade, surely FiA's record deserves scrutiny, and as in football, maybe some officials should be called to explain, what's going on? A lot of money is in stake end of the year, add declining viewership, need to spice up the show, and all what one could see is an environment ripe for some helping magic from sidelines. I cannot say this is going on, but I would like to be assured that game is clean. Right now I am sitting on the fence. Playing bad Ferrari to masses, popular as it is, hero young Dutch buck beating bad red colors, what else is there to have nice weekend?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom