Should F1 teams have 2 pit boxes?

Only reason I asked it was, as Il Leone pointed out, they have two pit boxes in endurance racing - just wondered why F1 is different.

It's a valid question, but I think unless you can do it everywhere it's probably not right to do it anywhere.

At Le Mans each garage door has its own box outside, but the three-car teams only ever bring in two cars at a time, otherwise the middle one hasn't got space to turn in and out! The tighter you pack them, the higher risk of a safety issue I think.

I think its a reasonable question to ask, I just think there are a lot of reasons for no, with not that many for yes. At a glance I don't think I've seen anyone refer to the cost issue, the number of mechanics needing to be brought to each race would need to be increased to meet the servicing need, which would increase flight, accommodation and food charges. In a time where F1 is trying - allegedly at least - to reduce costs this would certainly be an increase.

Having read your post Mezzer and following the "logic" used in the past by the FIA/FOM then there will be four pit boxes per team.

Can't see it catching on, it'll lead to a massive accident in the pits, imagine the chaos when a safety car came out.

Back
Top Bottom