Shares in Williams?

Good post.
I concur comepletly with your conclusions.Williams Flybrid and Grand Pix holdings the engineering business would be a good investment without the F1 team.
Williams Flybrid have just inked a deal with Magnetti Marelli for supply and collaboration in the further development of the the flywheel electrical storage system used in KERS systems.This would be a good long term investment.
As you rightly point out, the F1 team is the spoiler.The F1 team will impose a financial drag on the whole investment which will not impress investors.
Williams have suffered a 43% drop in sponsor revenue in the last year alone and their financial
reports show that although they have bare costs covered for this season there is nothing in the kitty for development.With F1 teams other income being derived from WCC points and TV appearance monies from FOM its impossible to predict future income.
Williams shares will not be added to my portfolio.My portfolio consists of companies like Unilever,Nestle' and similair.
Everytime you do the washing or washing up the dishes puts something very very tiny onto my dividends.

Just to clear up a few misconceptions about Williams shares.Firstly none of the money raised will go to the company or F1 team.This is a sale of existing shares.The bulk of the shares belong to Patrick Head.So the money raised by the sale of the these shares goes to the share owner.In this case Patrick Head.The remaining shares on sale are owned by Frank Williams.
So the money from these shares goes directly to him.It is no different to me selling any of my shares in Unillever.If I sell them the money comes to me, not them.They gain nothing from the sale.
One other point about buying shares and what you advantages you wil get.You will get factory access and access to the garage and pit lane hospitality unit at GP's if you hold 1% of the shares.
To buy 1% of the shares will cost you €2.3 million at this share price.

Back
Top Bottom