Current Sergio Pérez

Sergio Perez Mendoza also known as 'Checo'. 21 years of age and 12 Grand Prix under his belt. Already has a contract for Sauber for next year, is part of the Ferrari driving acadamy, current favourite to replace Massa but what he didn't have was his own thread on Clip the Apex so I thought I'd sort him one out.

Won British Formula 3 at 18. Finished 12 in GP2 at 19. Finished runner-up in GP2 at 20. Made his GP debut at 21 and finished in the points only to be DQ'd later due to both Saubers breaking car regs. Had a big accident at Monoco and even chose to pull out of the Candian GP after realising he wasn't back to 100%. Has had 2 points finishes so far this season with his highest being a 7th place at Silverstone. Has been quite highly placed at both Spa and Monza in last couple of weeks but due to a tangle and a mechnical faiure didn't capitalise on it.

Has been beating his Team-mate Kobyashi reg in qualifying but has had difficulty translating that to the races. Sometimes you wonder if Perez suffers from Sauber tendency to try and make him do something different on the tyre strategy and whether he'd much rather just go for it and race with the pack. Having said that he has proved he has a head for strategy which could stand him in goodstead for the future.

Already impressed enough to get a second year with Sauber and is currently dueling with Paul Di Resta for the 'Rookie of the Year' award. What do you guys think of him? Star of the future or constant midfield runner?

if id been driving what is the equally most dominant car in F1 history & only qualified in the top 10 50% of the time. i would be keeping very quiet

Advises Red Bull on how to ruin the careers of most of their drivers?
it is funny that 10 years ago they had a thriving academy. but because helmut its non existent. although according to Christian horner. He isnt employed by the racing team, he employed by red bull company. which is either not true or strange that a man that isnt employed by the racing team has had a strong influence over the team
----------------------------------------
also perez I saw comparing himself to Russell. has he forgotten he isnt at force india & the bigger the team the bigger the scrutiny. isnt that russells 1st mistake of the season

Driver who isn't actually much good claims it's all about xenophobia

Not sure FB You can say that given its the most superior car in years and you're an F1 veteran of 12 years! Perhaps he should have a word with Hamilton because if anyone gets more harsh criticism its Hamilton not him

I ll also add Perez should speak to Gasly and Albon about ther treatment by Red Bull. You cannot justify his performance in the last two races. Suzuka -the track is made for Red Bull but he was simply awful

Last edited:
Whilst we all criticise Perez and his performances, it should be remembered that at the start of the season he was on par and pushing Max even beating him, the all of a sudden he couldn't drive the car with many problems, it may be too easy to blame him for over driving and underperforming, I think Horner should just tell him, you are number 2 don't even try to challenge Max it will never happen. that however is not going to look good when Checo writes his memoirs.
Perhaps we should take a close look at Red Bull's history with the "chosen one" and their team mates starting with Weber, when the RB car is in ascendency the "chosen one" is number one and you challenge at your peril, the second seat at RB is always No.2 until there is another "chosen one" and he/she will be a European and preferably born in the countries that belonged to the old Austro -Hungarian Empire and their close allies

Whilst we all criticise Perez and his performances, it should be remembered that at the start of the season he was on par and pushing Max even beating him, the all of a sudden he couldn't drive the car with many problems, it may be too easy to blame him for over driving and underperforming, I think Horner should just tell him, you are number 2 don't even try to challenge Max it will never happen. that however is not going to look good when Checo writes his memoirs.
Perhaps we should take a close look at Red Bull's history with the "chosen one" and their team mates starting with Weber, when the RB car is in ascendency the "chosen one" is number one and you challenge at your peril, the second seat at RB is always No.2 until there is another "chosen one" and he/she will be a European and preferably born in the countries that belonged to the old Austro -Hungarian Empire and their close allies
Do you what I would love to be the journalist that ask that question to Horner since Helmut is never accountable

The Baku race Verstappen found a set up to unlock the car towards him

Still though Perez should not be nearly 200pts down and not guaranteed 2nd

yeah i think he thought that race was a shoo in, that really demoralised him & he's trying too hard instead of trying to do his best he trying to match verstappen

I thought it was more Monaco where the crash knocked him for 6 completely

I think he will retire because Mexico is coming up and I can't think he wont

Well it looks like his PR team have been reading (spying)on we post here with this response

The guy is deluded that he can come back from such a beating and challenge in 2024...off course he can always do a Pironi not that Verstappen doesn't already

Last edited:
Well it looks like his PR team have been reading (spying)on we post here with this response

The guy is deluded that he can come back from such a beating and challenge in 2024...off course he can always do a Pironi not that Verstappen doesn't already
i could certainly see it. because how does he get motivation needed for a full season. after all we know that F1 needs 100% focus. rosberg retired because he knew he couldnt give what was required to defend the title

if perez has a start to a season like he has had recently since he will get pushed by the summer break, so jump while reputation isn't trashed

Back
Top Bottom