Second-Worst* Livery Ever!

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
I noticed talk of the classic JPS black and gold Lotus in the "Do you support a team?" thread, so its time to ask what the second-worst* livery in the history of F1 is. I think the Renault from last year had a horrible colour-scheme, as did the pale yellow Minardi from 2000. There is also something quite horrible about the BAR "two-fags" livery of 1999! The MF1's "dull McLaren" look did not really replace the Jordan yellow with any type of panache either. Any ideas on what the second-worst* livery in the history of F1 is.

*The worst livery ever belongs to the Honda RA107. No room for appeal! "What have we done to the car..."

The 92 Brabham was pretty dire.
Brabham-BT60B.jpg

There is possibly some correlation between the quality of livery and the quality of performance, see also Tyrrell, Lotus, Jordan, perhaps.

Muddytalker said:
The 92 Brabham was pretty dire.
Brabham-BT60B.jpg

There is possibly some correlation between the quality of livery and the quality of performance, see also Tyrrell, Lotus, Jordan, perhaps.

I've never seen that one before. Of course, it doesn't compete with the Earth Car (which is in a league of its own, imo) but it is a pretty garish design! On a similar note, albeit different sport, the worst English and Scottish league kits are on the internet from football, that's well worth a look. My personal favourite is the Arsenal 1991 "bruised banana" kit!

It seems that yellow and white combinations are not fairing well!

bogaTYR said:
i really wish i knew how to put in pic in this message
Use the tags boga, like this:

[code][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2317148586_4c17048519.jpg?v=1204914124[/code]

If you're ever unsure how to do something, pretty much everything is covered in this thread: How Do I.....?

This may not make me very popular with Scottish contributors to this site but Stewart Grand Prix, YUK! Tartan doesn't look good on anything but espcially an F1 car. Did anyone else notice his kids drinking from tartan glasses in the Stewart documentary on Saturday? Tartan everything...

Stewart_gp_barrichello_1998.jpg

Of course the bloke who could come up with the worst-ever livery, the pillock who runs Stade Français rugby club and came up with this monstrosity of a kit is safely not in F1...

stade1_1005376a.jpg

As I was saying, my nomination would go to the BAR "two-fags" livery of 1999, and I wonder what Ken Tyrell made of it

bar5.jpg

Techincally the Lola barely got as far as the F1 grid, although they did attempt to qualify for the 1997 Australian GP!

Having checked F1 Rejects, I see this monstrosity from Pacific...

aida.jpg
(Did Stade Français have anything to do with this?)

Although for sheer horribility this must be it:

honda-07.jpg

It is not the second-worst by any means... it is the worst!

Back
Top Bottom