Schumacher V Hamilton

Hamilton V Schumacher

• Hamilton

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Schumacher

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Based purely on the fact that I think Hamilton has been placed under and reacted to greater levels of pressure behind the wheel I would say Hamilton by the width of a front wing.

I think Schumacher was an excellent all round driver managing every detail on and off the track but purely in the car I would give Hamilton an additional 1000th.

after thinking about it, i think hamilton takes pole, he is the better qualifier & i believe he would get off the line better. so lead into the 1st stint. but then i think schumacher would save his tyres. then hammer it for 3 or 4 laps. & over take hamilton probably through strategy. then hamilton would be all over the back of him. but i think he would make many overtake attempts. but schumacher would just put his car in right place to thwart hamilton

but over a season i think hamilton would take the title, but it would a final race decider

Also, when we talk about being in their prime, it took Schumacher a lot longer to reach his prime. If you contrast Hamilton's first two years in F1 with Schumacher's, Hamilton certainly got up to speed a lot quicker.

I think Hamilton. Schumacher always had the benefit of being a number 1 driver with a weak team mate. He never had to compete against world champion level teammates like Rosberg and Button. He was also gifted wins from his team mates pulling aside. Further he was a dirty driver, whereas Hamilton has largely been a very fair driver. I've never seen Hamilton park his car to obstruct his rivals during qualifying at Monaco, or push his rivals into the wall on the main straight.

There is no question in my mind who is better.

I also understand why Vettel says Schumacher is still his number one. Your boyhood heroes often have a mystical quality that the people you know can never have.

Last edited:
I've never seen Hamilton park his car to obstruct his rivals during qualifying at Monaco
dont know if you seen 'race to perfection' amazing show. but massa said on the show that wasnt spur of the moment & that was pre planned before qualifying. if he was in the lead after 1st run in Q3

I voted for Schumacher before I realised it was related to driving.
I thought it was who would win in a knife fight.

UK F1 website votes for British driver rather than a German SHOCKER! (I voted for Lewis BTW as he has gone head to head with significantly drivers than Schumacher ever did and, in most instance, whooped them)

UK F1 website votes for British driver rather than a German SHOCKER! (I voted for Lewis BTW as he has gone head to head with significantly drivers than Schumacher ever did and, in most instance, whooped them)
i can see it now.

but then in favourite driver. we had british 1st monasque 2nd & aussie/finnish joint 3rd. these people arent interested in research ;)

When do we think Hamilton will secure his 7th championship?

On average he has been gaining 6 points per race over Bottas. So based on that, it looks likely he could secure it at the end of the Turkish GP 3 races from now.

i agree with that but also Lewis Hamilton greatest quality & why he is so successful is consistency since 2017 there have been 73 races. Hamilton has scored in 72 of them, the only blemish was the retirement in Austria 2018 & you have to go back to spain 2013 the last time he saw the chequered flag & didnt score a point

for me i think Turkey but looking at the stats. If it was lewis bottas max top 3 in the next 4 races. it looks likely that it would 1st bahrain gp. but it wasnt til i worked out the permutations. Hamilton could retire from the next 2 races finish 2nd in next 3. Bottas would still have to win the next 5 in a row & then beat Lewis Hamilton in season finale in abu dhabi to take the title. which considering he only won 9 in 3 years. 5 mayve 6 in row looks extremely unlikely

• Schumacher, at his best, was (in my opinion) better than Hamilton at his best (think of years like 1994, 1995, 2002, 2004 - Schumacher was just imperious)
  • On their off days (thinking of Schumacher pre-2010), Hamilton probably falls away more than Schumacher (think of days when Hamilton's head falls, or he thinks the world is against him - e.g. Hockenheim 2019)
  • On their average days, Hamilton is probably better than Schumacher.
Schumacher post 2010
  • Hamilton was better in all circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom