Russia banned from global sporting events

F1Brits_90

World Champion

dont worry ive learned my lesson on doping after last time. so i wont be going there

but what happens here because i know that WADA has imposed a 4 year ban on Russia from all global sport, including the 2020 Olympics and the 2022 World Cup & also saw on sky sports news. that in that 4 yr period they arent allowed to bid to host any events.

I’m always curious with statements that say things like that. If all the files were deleted, how do world sporting authorities know what was in them ? If they were deleted, how do they even know that they existed in the first place. ?
I don’t suppose Russia showed them to anyone else before deleting them

Sadly, Russian athletes will still be permitted to compete during this ban, and there will be countless appeals.

dont worry ive learned my lesson on doping after last time. so i wont be going there

but what happens here because i know that WADA has imposed a 4 year ban on Russia from all global sport, including the 2020 Olympics and the 2022 World Cup & also saw on sky sports news. that in that 4 yr period they arent allowed to bid to host any events.

does that mean no Russian drivers in F1?

does that mean no Russian drivers in F1?

well in the article it does says, Motor racing's governing body, the FIA, is classified as such in WADA documents, so events organised by it appear to fall under this jurisdiction. but I would assume that like the Olympics both summer & winter Olympics. they can compete as neutral if they get indepentantly tested & can prove that they are clean

WADA has long turned the fight for the purity of sport into dirty political games.
Not only that, continuous hypocrisy and covering of permission of drugs to the "them" athletes,
so also acceptance of punishments to innocent athletes at full absence of real proofs.
The whole Orgy with sanctions against Russia is based on evidence from a mentally ill person,
who at the insistence of the same WADA was appointed to the Moscow laboratory,
and who in Russia was threatened with criminal prosecution for fraud with doping tests
and blackmail of athletes.
And here is this man neck from criminal punishment from Russia and receives money
from WADA for "evidence" in the form of brad Pro invented them "energy cocktail"
and Pro substitution samples through hole in the wall lab.

The fact that this campaign is an exclusively political project
did not hide even the one who stood at the origins - McLaren,
the author of the report.
He openly said that other federations have problems,
but WADA is not interested in these problems.

well in the article it does says, Motor racing's governing body, the FIA, is classified as such in WADA documents, so events organised by it appear to fall under this jurisdiction. but I would assume that like the Olympics both summer & winter Olympics. they can compete as neutral if they get indepentantly tested & can prove that they are clean
Well, that is kind of curious.....does FIA recognize WADA’s authority on this? What about Liberty? Does it mean that Daniil Kvyat cannot race under a Russian flag?

Last edited:
WADA has long turned the fight for the purity of sport into dirty political games.
Not only that, continuous hypocrisy and covering of permission of drugs to the "them" athletes,
so also acceptance of punishments to innocent athletes at full absence of real proofs.
The whole Orgy with sanctions against Russia is based on evidence from a mentally ill person,
who at the insistence of the same WADA was appointed to the Moscow laboratory,
and who in Russia was threatened with criminal prosecution for fraud with doping tests
and blackmail of athletes.
And here is this man neck from criminal punishment from Russia and receives money
from WADA for "evidence" in the form of brad Pro invented them "energy cocktail"
and Pro substitution samples through hole in the wall lab.

The fact that this campaign is an exclusively political project
did not hide even the one who stood at the origins - McLaren,
the author of the report.
He openly said that other federations have problems,
but WADA is not interested in these problems.
Sorry but it was earned. It went on for years and there was no corrective action. The Russian propagandists like to smear the people who they disagree with. SOP.

The investigation was fueled by Grigory Rodchenkov’s allegations, but this is hardly the only evidence. The executive committee of WADA consists of 11 people from 11 different nations. Are they all anti-Russian? Instead of wrapping yourself in the flag and accusing the world of being against Russia, maybe you need to look at the real reasons for these sanctions.

Well, that is kind of curious.....does FIA recognize WADA’s authority on this? What about Liberty? Does it mean that Daniil Kvyat cannot race under a Russian flag?

from what i read the Russian gp should be unaffected because events scheduled like euro 2020 will take place cant be taken away & because the final race of contract is 2025 it means that if they want to they can renew the contract on 1st jan 2025 for 2026 after the 4 yr ban has finished. now if race contract had ended in 2022/23 then we wouldve had a 2 or 3 yr gap as they wouldnt be allowed to extend the contract while under the ban & wouldnt be back til 2026 from 2023

now i dont know about kyvat. after been beaten by both teammates this yr. there are no concerns that he is on performance enhancing drugsLOL but from that bit ofthe article if in the very unlikely scenario he wins i assume neutral flag & only constructor anthem. thats providing he is independently tested like the russian athletes have had to be at the last 3 olympics & to compete at next 2 + all the world athletics championships. but it sounds implausible

& as i said im unable to comment on olegg point. because that was a dark day on a heated matter that spiralled out of control & said things we arent proud of. opinions are on this forum. if want to to see them.

Sorry but it was earned. It went on for years and there was no corrective action. The Russian propagandists like to smear the people who they disagree with. SOP.
The investigation was fueled by Grigory Rodchenkov’s allegations, but this is hardly the only evidence. The executive committee of WADA consists of 11 people from 11 different nations. Are they all anti-Russian? Instead of wrapping yourself in the flag and accusing the world of being against Russia, maybe you need to look at the real reasons for these sanctions.
I just operate not with emotions but with facts.
Firstly, for more than some ten years , namely since the formation of WADA headquartered in Canada,
Russia is under strong attention.
But the percentage of suspicious samples is even less than that of many other equally successful countries in sports.
Despite the fact that the samples are taken at times more than from others.

And secondly, you would first get acquainted with the composition of the Commission...
their there incidentally not 11, and 12.
The 12-member Executive Committee is WADA's ultimate policy-making body.
1) Sir Craig Reedie President IOC Member United Kingdom
2) Ms. Linda Hofstad Helleland Member of Parliament Norway
3) Ms Danka Bartekova IOC Member, IOC Athletes Commission Slovakia
4) Mr Ingmar De Vos IOC Member President FEI Belgium
5) Mr Ugur Erdener IOC Vice President, President World Archery Turkey
6) Mr Jiri Kejval President, National Olympic Committee Czech Republic
7) Mr Francesco Ricci Bitti President of ASOIF Italy
8) Mr Witold Bańka Minister of Sport and Tourism Poland
9) Mr. Richard Colbeck Minister for Youth and Sport Australia
10) Ms Amira El Fadil Commissioner for Social Affairs, African Union
11) Ms Andrea Sotomayor CADE President Ecuador
12) Mr. Kameoka Yoshitami State Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Japan

And here's the joke... the vast majority are representatives of NATO countries or "sympathizers".
And even with this list, you are right, there were those who disagreed with such punishment to Russia.

And again, it is not about punishing specific individuals, but the whole country and its athletes as a whole...
And this is what you call "Western democratic values"? This is a discredit of this concept.
Not for the first time though...

And at all funny, after as many times promulgated shameful excuses WADA about how, why for example
American athletes receive authorization on use not simply drugs, and strongly acting psychotropic funds,
to read in the news about outrage with hand from side of USADA about leniency punishment Russia.

F1 drivers do get drug tested but most of those in motor sport have been caught for recreational drugs. This article is a couple of years old but does give some detail - Analysis: Why F1 doesn't have doping scandals

I'm not sure they have to provide diaries for random testing in the same way that many athletes do though.

The FIA controls motor sport, F1 is a business and controls the FIA so as there are no trade embargoes on Russia the race will be unaffected, even if there were trade embargoes it may still go ahead as F1 seems to do its own thing irrespective of any views or dictats, probably it's only the drivers that could sway a decision if it was a unanimous decision.

I just operate not with emotions but with facts.
Firstly, for more than some ten years , namely since the formation of WADA headquartered in Canada,
Russia is under strong attention.
But the percentage of suspicious samples is even less than that of many other equally successful countries in sports.
Despite the fact that the samples are taken at times more than from others.

And secondly, you would first get acquainted with the composition of the Commission...
their there incidentally not 11, and 12.
The 12-member Executive Committee is WADA's ultimate policy-making body.
1) Sir Craig Reedie President IOC Member United Kingdom
2) Ms. Linda Hofstad Helleland Member of Parliament Norway
3) Ms Danka Bartekova IOC Member, IOC Athletes Commission Slovakia
4) Mr Ingmar De Vos IOC Member President FEI Belgium
5) Mr Ugur Erdener IOC Vice President, President World Archery Turkey
6) Mr Jiri Kejval President, National Olympic Committee Czech Republic
7) Mr Francesco Ricci Bitti President of ASOIF Italy
8) Mr Witold Bańka Minister of Sport and Tourism Poland
9) Mr. Richard Colbeck Minister for Youth and Sport Australia
10) Ms Amira El Fadil Commissioner for Social Affairs, African Union
11) Ms Andrea Sotomayor CADE President Ecuador
12) Mr. Kameoka Yoshitami State Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Japan

And here's the joke... the vast majority are representatives of NATO countries or "sympathizers".
And even with this list, you are right, there were those who disagreed with such punishment to Russia.

And again, it is not about punishing specific individuals, but the whole country and its athletes as a whole...
And this is what you call "Western democratic values"? This is a discredit of this concept.
Not for the first time though...
Well, there was a lot of illegal doping on the part of the Russian sports organizations. The WADA from 2011-2015 came up with 643 different positive samples.... and the problems were bigger than that. Sanctions were imposed in 2016 and that did not correct the problem. So new sanctions have been imposed.

Russia has dug its own grave through repeated and systematic violations. Instead of cleaning up their act and allowing a full a proper investigation, they have obstructed. The end result is they are now banned for 4 years. They created the problem, they could have corrected the problem, and they chose not to.

As for the claims of some form of NATO led anti-Russian bias: First you would have to establish that the NATO military alliance of 29 members are actually interested in Russian sports doping. Is this really on the list of NATO concerns? Second, you would have to establish that they would be willing to direct WADA and that WADA would listen. WADA does not report to NATO, it reports to the IOC. I gather Russia has the option to appeal to the IOC. The IOC has an executive board of 17 members. Does Zimbabwe really have it out for Russia?

Of course these sports organization do not have to listen to their respective governments. For example, FIA was run for decades by a guy whose mom was friends with Hitler. The previous head of FIA worked for Vichy France in WWII. IOC and WADA do not report to any country.

So to make your conspiracy theory work you have to 1) determine that NATO is out to get Russia, 2) determine that NATO has decided that international sports is the business of a defensive alliance, 3) determine that NATO somehow or the other influences the IOC and the WADA, 4) determine that IOC and WADA were willing to be influenced by them, 5) and then determine that they somehow or the other cooked things to actually look bad for the Russians. This last step gets hard to explain, unless they were providing drugs to the Russian athletes.

Of the 12 members of the executive committee eight are from NATO countries. One of those countries (Turkey) is buying air defense systems from Russia. Three other members were formally part of the Warsaw Pact. The WADA executive committee reports to a Foundation Board of 38 members. Then there is the IOC.

Of course, the problem was created by massive and systematic drugging by the Russian athletes. This is the start of the problem, and the problem will not go away without correcting the drugging problems. These are the facts that matter, not that somehow there are evil Canadians plotting against Russia.

Well, there was a lot of illegal doping on the part of the Russian sports organizations. The WADA from 2011-2015 came up with 643 different positive samples.... and the problems were bigger than that. Sanctions were imposed in 2016 and that did not correct the problem. So new sanctions have been imposed.

Well, why would you telling me someone else's lies?
You would at least in addition to the ordered materials tried to get
acquainted with the fact on the basis of what "evidence" WADA
demanded to completely ban Russia in 2016.
But even then it did not work to convince the Olympic Committee.

However, I am not interested in trying to convince a person
with a phobia built on years of propaganda and
not able to compare events and consequences.

The fact is that I have the ability to compare unlike you.
I've been to England many times, and you've probably never been to Russia.
I've been reading Russian and English press for many years, but you haven't.
So I have a lot more opportunities to be objective than you do.

Back
Top Bottom