Rush. The James Hunt Film

James Hunt was one of my all time favourites - nonsense, bravura and ability, all rolled up to make an imperfect, but beguiling human. If the film captures any of that, then good on it. Stats can be found elsewhere!

He used women like sex toys though, I didn't think you liked that In a man Jen
I would have known that. Are you assuming that I would have 'given in' instantly?

What do I like in a man: intelligence, humour, joie de vivre, positivity, daring and a sense of nonsense.

I really liked the movie. Not always accurate but I didn't care, I thought it developed the characters exceptionally and did a decent job of capturing the essence of F1 in that era. Very entertaining too. As for some other F1 movies, Senna is a pretty fascinating documentary if not always the most subjective, and 1 is another documentary that tells the history of F1 through the lens of safety and danger. Very cool footage, and very interesting, but its a shame that they always play music over the engine noise.

I loved the movie. My wife enjoyed it too and she isnt even an auto racing fan. I didnt really know much about Hunt or Lauda before seeing the movie but it certainly made me a Hunt fan (who wouldnt want to be him?) and respect Lauda (not a nice guy by any sense of the word but clearly a very intelligent man).

Back
Top Bottom