Romain Grosjean

Was drafted into F1 with not an ounce of testing and replaced Nelson Piquet Jr in the middle of 2009 when he was possibly on route to becoming the GP2 Champion that season, which went to Nico Hulkenburg.

In his 7 races in F1 he failed to impress and the no in-season testing rule didn't help his course. Plus having Fernando Alonso as his teammate couldn't have helped either.

In 2010 Grosjean went to do Auto GP, before returning back to GP2 on July 20th for a few guess appearances for DAM'S. But in 2011 Grosjean was given a full-time drive by DAM'S for the 2011 GP2 series and went on to become the 2011 GP2 Champion.

My question is will Grosjean get a drive for 2012? Plus how far can this guy go if he gets into F1?

I think Grosjeans drive through from 17th to 3rd today proves he really has got on top of the issues he had last year.

Last years Grosjean would have tried well too hard and crashed into someone by lap 6.

Quite excited to see how much more he'll progress.

I thought that Grosjean had the drive of the day. Starting from way back, keeping his nose clean and scoring a podium speaks volumes about his improvement this year.

I think it was the other week on Sky they showed a comparrision of him driving in 2012 to how he drives in 2013 and you can really see how much more he moves his head and looks around him now so something obviously hit home in this therapy he had.

I have no doubt he'll have the odd slip but he is showing signs of developing into a good race driver.

Maybe Grosjeans story is a good fable on giving young drivers time to sort out their issues.

Would be good if they made it a regulation that when hiring a rookie race driver he has to be given a 2 year contract minumum given the testing ban.

I was expecting Grosjean to have been challenging more for wins and podiums but it appears the change in pirelli tyres has helped him plus the fact that Kimi is having problems about being not paid and clearing off and the team want some continuity for the future

He has always been quick, and by all accounts he is still a bit wild in practice, but he seems to be racing much smarter. :thumbsup:

There's a large natural element to speed in a race car but race craft can be learned and it appears Romain is doing just that. well done him.

Yet another faultless drive from Romain... during the Sky broadcast according to a group of Lotus mechanics it's all because he's become a dad. Apparently he's now more chilled out and that's why he's stopped trying to overtake himself on the track.

Back
Top Bottom