Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
So here is a little story.

Chap in our office, has a sister who bought an iRobot vacuum cleaner. The iRobot is a fairly dumb beast, it basically roams in zig zag patterns to try and cover the entire floor area before it runs out of battery.

His sister also owns a large dog, which was nervous around the robot.
She has it set up on a timer and one day she is out when the robot starts up.

Unfortunately the dog was either upset by the robot or was just feeling unwell, and had left a big dog turd right in the middle of the floor.

The Robot vacuum then runs over this dog turd and proceeds to zig zag back and forth over the entire house, coating it in a fine layer of dog shit.

Yup....the whole house.

The robot and 2 carpets were not recoverable.

I don't know if there is a moral to this story. Maybe just think twice if you own a dog before buying one.

Anyway I don't own a dog and Dyson have just invented this beast. The first clever robot vacuum. I want one. http://www.dyson360eye.com

Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 16.48.34.png

My dog would disagree, Jen. His crate is his personal room. He goes in there of his own volition even when he doesn't have to. When we temporarily loaned out his crate to a friend, he was distraught, he wound up dragging his bed under my husband's desk and using that as his crate. If crating is cruel to dogs, then stabling a horse is cruel too.

Dogs should never be penned or crated. Unkind to the dog and totally ridiculous if you are looking for a guard animal

Now women on the other hand...

Time to run and hide!

My dog would disagree, Jen. His crate is his personal room. He goes in there of his own volition even when he doesn't have to. When we temporarily loaned out his crate to a friend, he was distraught, he wound up dragging his bed under my husband's desk and using that as his crate. If crating is cruel to dogs, then stabling a horse is cruel too.
Dogs learn and accept - they are probably more modern than I. When did 'crating' become normal?

Horses are stabled overnight or in the depths of winter for their own protection

Crating the dog means he won't be leaving you stinky presents around the house, tearing the house to shreds, finding his way into toxic substances, etc. My dog, left to his own devices at home, has strong potential to be a danger to himself, because he's too clever for his own good. Beagle/coonhound mixes are brainiacs, and can figure out how to open doors, push furniture around to jump over baby gates, and all that clever stuff. I'd rather not come home and find my dog groaning, barely breathing, and surrounded by vomit and a variety of medications from the medicine cabinet.

Furthermore, dogs used to being crated usually travel quite well, and don't tend to have such a difficult time at the vets if they do have to stay overnight for some reason. The other benefits of crating include animal rescuers having an easier time of getting your dog into a crate in the back of their van to get your dog to safety, because the dog already associates a crate with safety and security.

Dyson stuff isn't really shit it is just massively overpriced and anyway I've got my own robot vacuum cleaner she is called me mam and she comes round once a fortnight and does the whole flat, she even changes me bedding and takes it away for washing at her place....

Last edited:
We used to have 2 dogs, both lived to be very old. Once beyond Puppyhood, they never left a mess indoors, or tore the house apart, when we went out. Mind we didn't leave them alone all day. We wouldn't have had dogs if we were going to leave them alone every day. They were quite good at going into Kennels, when we took holidays abroad, and quite good at the vets. One of them had a phobia about walking over (wooden) bridges if he could see through the slats. But beyond that, they were good dogs.

I don't have a robot vacuum, but I would be more than happy to leave it in a cupboard for days on end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom