Ricciardo to replace Karthikeyan - Confirmed

Slyboogy

World Champion
Contributor
According to reports from Australian television and repeated on speedcafe.com, Ricciardo will take over from Karthikeyan at Silverstone in a "loan" deal agreed with Red Bull.

Here is the link - http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/7011249/-Ricciardo-to-replace-Karthikeyan-

If this is true then Hispania's driver changes happen once again at Silverstone in two consecutive years, plus why are Toro Rosso so keen to get him in? Especially at Hispania a back of the grid team, plus it's halfway through the season so he will be at a disadvantage.

What do you guys think?

While it's nice to get race experience, what will he learn driving the bucket of bolts that is the HRT, he may as well stay in the third car at Toro Rosso and push Buemi and Alguesari

Yes, why not? Seems logical to me, although how long till we have Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and 8 "Development" Squads?

Like how you've met the swear filter, sly!

Yes, why not? Seems logical to me, although how long till we have Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and 8 "Development" Squads?

Like how you've met the swear filter, sly!

Never knew that word was a 'official' swear word :embarrassed:

You forgot Renault in your list of teams :p

Hm...I am unsure really if it's good or not...what if Buemi and Alguersuari both perform? Will he stay at HRT until one of them gets promoted to Red Bull?

Sounds to me like Alguersuari has saved his seat for now then, and Toro Rosso are fulfilling whatever promise they made to Ricciardo to get him a "race seat" in 2011 - plus it'll be a KUTA for Karthikeyan, who's been frankly a bit of a tugger in the last race or two. I wonder if Tata have been slightly tardy with their sponsorship money too? :thinking:

Never knew that word was a 'official' swear word :embarrassed:

You forgot Renault in your list of teams :p

Ha ha, no I didn't!

Hm...I am unsure really if it's good or not...what if Buemi and Alguersuari both perform? Will he stay at HRT until one of them gets promoted to Red Bull?

The only thing the rush suggests is that one of them may be promoted to Red Bull in the near future!

While it's nice to get race experience, what will he learn driving the bucket of bolts that is the HRT, he may as well stay in the third car at Toro Rosso and push Buemi and Alguesari

Not much benefit for him as a one off race; HRTs drivers have tended to be pay drivers (NK, SY) or young drivers (BS, KC)hoping to develop themselves/ the car over the season (I've no idea where Liuzzi fits into this)

Agree with most of the sentiments that he couldn't be worse than Karthikeyan, both in terms of his pace, and the fact that he him wanting a drive someone next year, so he'll not want to get in anyone's way.

Just don't see the point really

Ah you miserable so and so's, I think HRT deserve a break. Red Bull get a young driver into their car, HRT get a driver with experience of the Red Bull as well as being, almost certainly, faster than Karthikeyan. Doesn't Luizzi fulfill the Klien role this year? Somone with F1 experience to help sort the car? I bet Ricciardo beats him all ends up and the two Virgin cars.

feel sorry for Karthikeyan, but yeah it is a results sport and coasting around on a sunday drive is not enough.....HRT is that really a decent learning curve......that thing can kill you.

It seems very harsh to me for HRT to ditch someone who has paid to put their cars on the grid two years in a row (Chandhok last year). Perhaps the contracts state a minimum number of races or something but still it seems pretty ruthless.

I guess there's no room for loyalty in F1...

[U][B]HRT[/B][/U][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#00ccff]K. Chandhok[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#008000]B. Senna[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#0000ff]S. Yamamoto[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000]C. Klien[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#00ccff]N. Karthikeyan[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#3366ff]V. Liuzzi[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#ffcc00]D. Ricciardo[/COLOR]

27 Grands Prix, 7 drivers (potentially)

[FONT=tahoma][B][U]Simtek[/U][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#ffcc00]D. Brabham[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000]R. Ratzenburger[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#3366ff]A. Montermini[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#000080]J. Gounon[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#3366ff]D. Schiaterella[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#0000ff]T. Inoue[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][COLOR=#ff6600]J. Verstappen[/COLOR]

21 Grands Prix, 7 drivers

Although Montermini never started a race for Simtek. So they've not hit a record! Though none of HRT's drivers have died*, to be fair to Simtek.

*As far as we know. Sakon's neck reportedly still attached, but this is unconfirmed.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom