Races Entered 107
Race Wins 15
Pole Positions 20
Fastest Laps 12
Driver World Championships 1
Constructor World Championships 1

Team History

Before Red Bull

In 1997 Paul Stewart, aided by his father Jackie and the Ford Motor Company, made the leap from F3000 to F1 as an entrant. Jonny Herbert won 1 race for the Stewart team before it was sold off to Ford who re-branded the cars as Jaguar.

Ford stuck with it through thick and thin (mainly thin) through to the end of 2004 before selling the team to Dietrich Mateschitz, who owns the Red Bull drinks brand, for $1 on the understanding he invested $400 million over 3 years

Red Bull Racing

With Christian Horner installed as team principal, McLaren refugee David Coulthard and Christian Klien as the drivers Red Bull went racing. Their first season was certainly more successful than Jaguar had managed, even with the same Cosworth power plant, with Coulthard managing a 4th place at the European Grand Prix and the team finishing 7th in the Constructors Championship.

Adrian Newey joined from McLaren as chief designer for 2006 and Red Bull swapped to Ferrari engines. Coulthard managed a podium at his "home" race in Monaco prompting Christian Horner to jump naked, other than wearing a red cape, into a swimming pool.

Christian Klien, who shared the car with Vitantonio Liuzzi in 2005 and Robert Doornbos in 2006, departed the team for 2007 and was replaced by Mark Webber. The RB3 was the first full "Newey" car and was coupled with a Renault motor. The car was very unreliable, suffering from a variety of different problems but Webber managed a podium at the European Grand Prix and the team finished 5th in the WCC.

Retaining the same engine and drivers for 2008 Red Bull slipped back to 7th in the WCC and again only managed a single podium, for Coulthard in Canada, but the reliability issues which plagued the car the previous season were mainly resolved.

2009 was Red Bull's break through year. With Coulthard having retired Webber was joined by Red Bull junior driver Sebastien Vettel. The new rules allowed Newey to design a car which challenged for both the Drivers and Constructors Championship. Webber won 2 races, Vettel 4 and the team climbed to 2nd in WCC taking 3 pole positions en-route.

In 2010 Red Bull justified Mateschitz's investment winning the Constructors title and Vettel the Drivers Championship. They won 9 races through the season, 5 for Vettel and 4 for Webber and took 10 poles. Webber led the title race for much of the season but it was the 23 year old Vettel who stole the title in the last race of the season and became the youngest Champion as a result.

2011 sees the team retain the same driver line up as 2010 and continue with Renault engine power in the new RB7 car.

Does "screwing your team mate" actually mean being better than them?

I'll be honest Il_leone I am struggling with this one, I have seen little evidence to suggest much of your views on Max. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I don't understand how you have arrived at some of them
What about the time at Toro Rosso when the team asked him to move over for Sainz and he flatly
refused?

Or the time when he did not give Ricciardo a tow in quali at Red Bull ringeven though Red Bull agreed that their drivers take it in turns at each race weekend to give the other a tow

That is what I meant by screwing your teammates. Red Bull were so scared that Verstappen and Sainz would implode the team that is one of the reasons they went with Gasly when he was not ready

Red Bull can't have it both ways with their other driver and expect them to be fast and competitive and yet not challenge Verstappen or work with less resources

Last edited:
Red Bull's problem coming up Verstappen by end of next year will have spent over 5 seasons with Red Bull exc Toro Rosso. Only Webber and Vettel have driven longer for the team. When will he start thinking that he w9nt be able to win a title with them and jump ship?

That us why they are desperate Albon succeeds as they have no future No 1

It's an interesting choice of words by Horner. I wonder if Alpha Tauri team will become de facto Honda team in the future as in the factory team.

I also think it's another way of saying to Kyvat and Gasly you may not be necessarily coming back and race for Red Bull.

Did anyone from Red Bull congratulate Gasly for his win in person?

i think horner & marko where there under the podium. but as i say about birthdays online. just because they didnt do it publicly doesnt mean they havent privately. but doing my 2021 prediction & for fun long range 2022 predictions. gasly is in a tough place in 2021 because if albon has a good season. then gasly at alpha tauri is now or never because it would be weird to be still be there in 2022

I would imagine Horner gets bitter when ANY other team wins. Possibly a little less if it's Alpha Tauri.
Well its 1 win a piece. The last time his team was upstaged was when Vettel won in 2008 and they had to consider it a Red Bull family win especially after Red Bull got themselves out of using Ferrari engines and passed it onto Toro Rosso and they thought you could not win with a Ferrari engine

History repeats itself again as Verstappen moaned about the lack of power of the Honda engine during the race. Ot seems that they may have fallen foul of something similar to what happened to Ferrari.

well we discount mercedes as that unrealistic. but how are Honda in comparison to the other 2 Ferrari & Tag Heuer Renault

because if they are still last then. yes its valid but if it annoyed Mercedes are quicker in a straight line. then its a bit harsh on honda because ferrari have quite alot of resources far more than honda. in the last 5 years & legally got no where near

Last edited:
well hopefully someone will shove mercedes engines to red bull. as i would love to see that

Honda, my initial thoughts "what was the point of the last 7 years". as for what they have gone through & the huge disaster for the reputation McLaren was. you wonder why they are leaving

0E7F6CD9-3192-4F4E-86E6-89DD2E3D3B48.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom