Races Entered 107
Race Wins 15
Pole Positions 20
Fastest Laps 12
Driver World Championships 1
Constructor World Championships 1

Team History

Before Red Bull

In 1997 Paul Stewart, aided by his father Jackie and the Ford Motor Company, made the leap from F3000 to F1 as an entrant. Jonny Herbert won 1 race for the Stewart team before it was sold off to Ford who re-branded the cars as Jaguar.

Ford stuck with it through thick and thin (mainly thin) through to the end of 2004 before selling the team to Dietrich Mateschitz, who owns the Red Bull drinks brand, for $1 on the understanding he invested $400 million over 3 years

Red Bull Racing

With Christian Horner installed as team principal, McLaren refugee David Coulthard and Christian Klien as the drivers Red Bull went racing. Their first season was certainly more successful than Jaguar had managed, even with the same Cosworth power plant, with Coulthard managing a 4th place at the European Grand Prix and the team finishing 7th in the Constructors Championship.

Adrian Newey joined from McLaren as chief designer for 2006 and Red Bull swapped to Ferrari engines. Coulthard managed a podium at his "home" race in Monaco prompting Christian Horner to jump naked, other than wearing a red cape, into a swimming pool.

Christian Klien, who shared the car with Vitantonio Liuzzi in 2005 and Robert Doornbos in 2006, departed the team for 2007 and was replaced by Mark Webber. The RB3 was the first full "Newey" car and was coupled with a Renault motor. The car was very unreliable, suffering from a variety of different problems but Webber managed a podium at the European Grand Prix and the team finished 5th in the WCC.

Retaining the same engine and drivers for 2008 Red Bull slipped back to 7th in the WCC and again only managed a single podium, for Coulthard in Canada, but the reliability issues which plagued the car the previous season were mainly resolved.

2009 was Red Bull's break through year. With Coulthard having retired Webber was joined by Red Bull junior driver Sebastien Vettel. The new rules allowed Newey to design a car which challenged for both the Drivers and Constructors Championship. Webber won 2 races, Vettel 4 and the team climbed to 2nd in WCC taking 3 pole positions en-route.

In 2010 Red Bull justified Mateschitz's investment winning the Constructors title and Vettel the Drivers Championship. They won 9 races through the season, 5 for Vettel and 4 for Webber and took 10 poles. Webber led the title race for much of the season but it was the 23 year old Vettel who stole the title in the last race of the season and became the youngest Champion as a result.

2011 sees the team retain the same driver line up as 2010 and continue with Renault engine power in the new RB7 car.

sort of a good idea. but christian horner is untouchable he will be there as long as red bull are there. or he's sick of the travelling.

but what a 7 days in F1, monday 8th gasly to red bull in 2021 monday 15th extend albon contract

why do you think RB are so hesitant to get rid of Albon? I mean there's comments from Horner all over the media backing him and playing down Gasly's chances... for example Red Bull Want To Give Albon ‘Best Opportunity’ To Keep His Seat and i dont understand why they want to give him the "best chance" of keeping his seat but didnt do that for gasly.

I know albon took his first podium on sunday but i still dont think hes the right number 2 at RB

Like many of us Max888 the managemnt team at Red Bull don't want to admit they were wrong when they dropped Gasly back to Toro Rosso and bought Albon in to the main team. I suppsoe the question is has Albon performed so badly he should be dropped? Gasly has had a fortunate win but he has performed well in other races.

One thing I think we can be sure of is that Kvyat will be out at the end of the year and one of the junior drivers will be promoted from F2 or F3.

why do you think RB are so hesitant to get rid of Albon? I mean there's comments from Horner all over the media backing him and playing down Gasly's chances... for example Red Bull Want To Give Albon ‘Best Opportunity’ To Keep His Seat and i dont understand why they want to give him the "best chance" of keeping his seat but didnt do that for gasly.

I know albon took his first podium on sunday but i still dont think hes the right number 2 at RB

well i think they are trying to be patience & remedy the problem they have that bar 1st 18 months of Riccardio/Max. since 2011 the 2nd driver has always struggled. similar to the joke about ferrari, when Webber Vettel Kyvat Riccardio Gasly & Albon have a times really struggled over the last 9 years. theres a point where you think it cant be all be the driver.

i think this has already started now with albon & his F2 friends sticking up for him. he is only in his 2nd season in F1 he's got alot to learn & also it does help that they almost in the situation where they have to stick with him because he would be very embarrassed to reinstate gasly & kyvat on his out. tsundoda is far too early

How many would love to see Verstappen win zero titles with Red Bull and leave acrimoniously because I can see some finger pointing coming to Honda after the last two races?

He was on the phone to Toto last year so if the contract talks with Hamilton Hamilton break down be surprised if he tries to buy out his contract

Appropriately named user Max, Red Bull programme was known for its brutalness in ending a lot of promising young drivers careers in F1 before they got going

The list includes
Buemi
Algarsuari
Vergne
Kyvat - Vettel influenced that
Da Costa

The argument was they were the best team in F1 so expect the best and they had Vettel then Ricciardo to prove it.

This was precipitated probably by what Hamilton did at McLaren in his 1st season as well

I think also Red Bull's problem is to do with appointing Verstappen so aggressively at such a young age without doing GP2 and GP3 ahead of Sainz as anticipated caused controversy at the time.

The only way Red Bull can justify this is by promoting him rapidly but this at the expense of the other driver whoever that is

Gasly
Ricciardo who felt the team did not do enough at Baku
Albon

and whoever is the poor victim next

I hope Sainz who did not get his opportunity at Red Bull's career will pick up at Ferrari because they did not want him fighting Verstappen

Having burned a lot of drivers Red Bull have not got anyone left to step up but they are desperate for Verstappen to succeed to justify their decisions and investment worried knowing they dont gave anyone ready and refuse to hire anyone above 30 years old. Red Bull have boxed themselves into a corner- the Gasly situation would look badly on Marko and Horner even more than Kyvat.

The list includes
Buemi
Algarsuari
Vergne
Kyvat - Vettel influenced that
Da Costa
yeah algurusari the damaged so much he gave up & became a DJ. but yes red bull have been very embarrassed I think. i think that what lead to their drought. because a most of their drivers they dump go to great things. Buemi is 1 of the best all round talents of the last 10yrs. Vergne for last 3 years been 1 of best drivers in formula e & Da Costa great feeder series. then just dominant in FE

Il_leone Can you justifiably name anyone on the grid at the moment who could do a better job of getting close to the Mercs as Verstappen in a Red Bull?

Yes RBR have thrown all their weight behind him and Team Max have built up a very cosy situation for Max within the team but he's repaying that faith.

Il_leone Can you justifiably name anyone on the grid at the moment who could do a better job of getting close to the Mercs as Verstappen in a Red Bull?

Yes RBR have thrown all their weight behind him and Team Max have built up a very cosy situation for Max within the team but he's repaying that faith.
Carlos Sainz or Ricciardo or Leclerc would do just as good a job without all the sulking

Red Bull have put their eggs in one basket and it might bite them after the last two races. Verstappen will walk if the Merc drive is available and that would include breaking his contract

Last edited:
Sainz finished behind Verstappen at TR, behind Hulkenberg at Renault and is currently behind Norris at McLaren so there's no evidence there.

Verstappen beat Ricciardo in a Red Bull in 2018 and finished ahead of both Ferrari's in 2019.

Currently on the grid Verstappen is at the very least the joint best driver on the grid and far and away better than anyone but Hamilton. To say otherwise is simply wrong.

You need to differentiate between your personal dislike of a driver and that driver's ability.

I can't stand Mansell but I recognise the fact that he was capable of some brilliant driving (Silverstone 1987 for example) and I love Senna but I recognise all his flaws.

ive said for a while that the only teammates that could give hamilton & verstappen a challenge are hamilton & verstappen but this is going to be like boxing fights that were never made & we will never know what them 2 couldve done as teammates. Riccardo like Rosberg repuation is rising because of how great he was at times. as he took poles & wins

for me i would say currently
Hamilton Verstappen
Leclerc
Riccardio

Carlos Sainz or Ricciardo would do just as good a job without all the sulking

Red Bull have put their eggs in one basket and it might bite them after the last two races. Verstappen will walk if the Merc drive is a available and that would include breaking his contract

Sainz finished behind Verstappen at TR, behind Hulkenberg at Renault and is currently behind Norris at McLaren so there's no evidence there.

Verstappen beat Ricciardo in a Red Bull in 2018 and finished ahead of both Ferrari's in 2019.

Currently on the grid Verstappen is at the very least the joint best driver on the grid and far and away better than anyone but Hamilton. To say otherwise is simply wrong.

You need to differentiate between your personal dislike of a driver and that driver's ability.

I can't stand Mansell but I recognise the fact that he was capable of some brilliant driving (Silverstone 1987 for example) and I love Senna but I recognise all his flaws.
And Ricciardo beat Verstappen the previous season when they were teammates .

Verstappen ability is not so much greater than that of Sainz, or Leclerc. He has fantastic driving ability and the guys I have mentioned gave similar talent and ability. Sainz might have finished behind Verstappen but on out and out pace he has been closest to him in terms of teammates

Verstappen and Red Bull do not help themselves with the situation they have created. Max is only learning and doing what his Dad told him that screwing your teammate is acceptable to get to the top in F1 because that is what he saw with Schumacher. If Red Bull can't get a car on par with Merc they will start blaming Honda first but I can see massaging to Verstappen's ego will become the team's downfall

I will say Max is not afraid to walk out of his contract and put himself at the front of the queue for a Merc drive if it became available

You think Max tought to himself being a dick is fine then even screwing his teammate and told other drivers to mind their own business when they said Albon deserves a fairer chance

Does "screwing your team mate" actually mean being better than them?

I'll be honest Il_leone I am struggling with this one, I have seen little evidence to suggest much of your views on Max. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I don't understand how you have arrived at some of them

Back
Top Bottom