Rugby RBS Six Nations 2013

The most talented two groups of players in the Championship are the bottom two.

The best team won. England, however, have much to be proud of and much potential.

To be honest, I was hoping for a better match up. I think the main thing England can take away is a recording of how not to do it. Wales can take away the ruing of a poor 45 minutes against Ireland.

To be honest gethinceri the Welsh team were superb, on all levels and in all areas. My view of the England team does not in anyway take that away. The simple fact is that it seemed that there were some England players who were either not up for the big game, and there were a lot of aspects of the game which were executed worse than at any point in this championship, and the biggest lesson that England can learn is to keep their heads under the kind of pressure that Wales put them under today.

I was very disappointed with the games in general, especially the penultimate ones. Teams giving away silly penal;ties, don't the players know the rules any more? We have actually seen games where it has been the penalty count that has decided the match with the rest of the game just a stalemate.

There is no way around it, we (England) took one hell of a beating.

It will be interesting to see who Lancaster picks to play against the Baa Baas in May at Twickenham. With some of the high profile players away on Lions duty it will be a golden opportunity for some on the younger players to come in to the set up for a run out in a white shirt. I can certainly see a certain winger parked on the bench for a while.

Back
Top Bottom