Räikkönen Pay

P1

Race Winner
Contributor
Apparently Kimi hasn't been paid all year. So he's owed EUR 17 million or something like that.

It seems he's threatening to not drive the last 2 races. I think it would make more sense for him to drive them, then place a lien against the teams assets for his contractual back pay. Would place Lotus in real jeopardy with result that he either gets paid or takes out a competitor for 2014.

What do you think?

In the interview it sounded like he said "Put it this way I haven't been paid any euros this year." but listening to it again and taking into account his accent I believe what he actually said was "Put it this way I haven't been paid every euro this year." which as you can see makes all the difference....

Last edited:
Well to be fair it doesn't really matter what he's been paid if it's not what's actually owed to him. If the contract's been broken then I can fully understand why Kimi might want to refuse to race or set some sort of ultimatum. Then again he might be lying completely but that would be rather silly. Lotus could still get 3rd or even 2nd place in the WCC but they probably won't if one of their drivers is replaced by a reserve.

Maybe the, get the **** out of the way order was to save them 50,000 euros after all I wouldn't get out of the ****ing way if it meant I lost 50 grand, would you..?

"Alright don't swear at me this is going to lose me 50,000 ****ing euros you know."

I reckon that is what his retort was...

Last edited:
None of us knows what those points are worth and the team weren't going to lose WCC points for gettig Kimi out of the way..

But I'm only joking about the radio message I'm not putting it forward as some kind of conspiracy nor nuffink....

Last edited:
His tyres were shot, he was asked to move aside to serve the best interests of the team. Massa was on Grosjean's tail and it got Lotus a podium.

If he's not happy, he should bugger off and leave the team alone.

His tyres were shot, he was asked to move aside to serve the best interests of the team. Massa was on Grosjean's tail and it got Lotus a podium.

If he's not happy, he should bugger off and leave the team alone.

I doubt Kimi had any problems with being asked to step aside. This would be immediately obvious in the radio exchange between him and the pitwall. It was the derogatory manner he was spoken to.

Basically Romain tried to pass at the wrong place but the team got the arse with Kimi end of..

You don't try to pass a teammate in a corner when the order has been given you wait for the straight Romain was at fault not Kimi...

Last edited:
He did when he could, Romain was too eager, it is a trait of his...

Lets not argue the toss, only the drivers know what really happened so lets just say it was a 50/50 call on Romains part and that because Kimi's tyres "were" shot he couldn't make the apex of the corner and ran wide causing the team to overreact, instead of assuming that Kimi deliberately tried to run his teammate off the road...

Last edited:
What's interesting about this is that he has driven all year (and last) without being paid, because he enjoys it apparently. Makes me wonder why the team agreed to pay him tens of millions when he seems happy to drive for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom