Räikkönen Pay

In my book you sign a contract you stick to it Lotus have broken their contract with him if he doesn't drive then he may have problems getting them to pay or at least his legal position would be weakened so it would be better for him to drive in the last two races but it still does not alter the fact that Lotus owes him money and they should bloody well pay up I know what it's like to be owed money and makes a person extremely angry you've done your job you want paying end of.....

It seems that they owe Raikonnen enough money for it to be possible for him to legally ask for a winding-up process. I think that Lotus will pay up and smile (between gritted teeth).

Although Kimi will have the highest total salary at Lotus, if he hasn't been paid all year I wonder who/if anyone else at the team hasn't been paid as well.

While I agree that Lotus are in the wrong, I think it would reflect well on Kimi from a sporting perspective if he did drive in the last two races. Of all the drivers he can't be badly off (unless he's already drunk all that Ferrari cash which is possible) and can almost certainly afford to spend a year driving without pay. I think he will complete the season. If the Quantum cash comes through which it looks like it will very soon, then maybe he'll get paid pretty soon anyhow.

This is what happens if you have venture capitalists who know :censored: about running an F1 team as a business
Kimi should be suing Genii Capital not Team Enstone as they are the parent company of Lotus F1 racing

I never trusted Lopez and his crones when they bought Renault on the cheap and were hoping to sell it at the right price and never were too keen to put into it because Bahar's master plan to promote the Lotus brand does not seem to reap the rewards it has to be said as he 's long gone

The principle here they hired Kimi because as world champion he was good for marketing leverage and supposedly intention to be a front runner but they were not sure of his consistency so they paid him on results on a basic salary plus points bonus

I guess they tried to pull the wool over Kimi's eyes then and not expecting him to be that good and someone obviously did not get the calculator to realise if he scored 200 pts he would be owed 10m euros if he was front runner
--------------------------------------

People say Kimi is being greedy having swindled Ferrari for some 150m euro for 3 years and does not need the money.

This was the attitude Genii have taken - well he's rich enough we don;t need to pay him I am surprised Kimi has turned round and said :censored: off to them for actually driving his balls out for the team and delivering more than expected

Venture capitalists are not in it for the long term and will make a quick buck and disappear and I hope that will help team Lotus but their tight fisted cash flow policy has meant a lot of good engineers like Bob Bell have left the team and James Allinson as well
So you can't blame Kimi for moving on and Lopes had the nerve to say " I hope Kimi choses performance over financial reasons " when he has not been paid

Seriously imagine they did that to ALonso

Viscount

Some engineers like Bob Bell and James Allinson have left the team during Genii capital's ownership

Last year at Abu Dhabi - some of the engineers were about to strike because they did not get paid for months until they were assured they will be paid

Bouillier is trying to keep the ship steady but no doubt he's not happy with Genii Capital either . He even asked Bernie for the money for 2009 constructors position in mid 2010 in order to work on 2011 car when usually teams don;t get paid until the following season after their finishing position in the constructors for the previous season

Kimi has every right to sue Genii capital for not paying because it is a legal employment contract for his services and he has competed at every race above expectations so he should sue Lopes' ass

as I've gone through that experience myself where they promised one thing on the contract for meeting their requirements I sympathise with Kimi

I shall look forward to his last message to the team and especially Lopes in Brazil when the flag goes down

Let alone the amount of points he has scored for them will far out way what he is owed in prize money In my view it is little more than theft on Geni Capitals part.

And it looks like it won't be Geni who will cough up it will the new investors....

Last edited:
Mephistopheles That is what venture capitalists/ private equity companies are good at doing - stripping the company's assets

the only surprise is Lotus have gone to the back of the grid with their financial problems

Back
Top Bottom